JK Slave Cylinder Issue

JPZILLA

On my way to work Wednesday I turned onto the road my work is on and when I made the shift from second-to-third,the clutch went all the way to the floor. I made it to work and stalled pulling into the parking lot. I was able to starter lurch it into a spot and observed fluid coming out of my slave cylinder.

20191218_102035.jpg

I ordered a new slave cylinder that arrived today. The first nut came out with the stud. The second nut broke the stud off in the transmission. I am going to try to drill out the broken stud tomorrow and assumed I could just replace the studs with bolts, but neither a 5/16-18 and an M8x1.5 bolt fits back into the transmission. Any thoughts?

20191220_161541.jpg
20191220_161551.jpg

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAYALIFE, I would take the good stud to the hardware and figure out what size it is on one of those thread checker things.

JPZILLA

The thread is actually M8x1.25. I was able to find bolts to fit, but replacing the slave cylinder has not resolved my issue. The clutch still doesn't actuate. Does anyone trust a good shop in the Columbus, OH area?

G-mansjk

Did you bleed the air from the system? If not its it's a pretty simple procedure. You have to have someone work the clutch as if you are bleeding brakes with the pedal held down crack the bleeder to release air, then close the bleeder. It makes it easier to get all the air out if you tap the line all the way up to the master cylinder with a wrench to knock bubbles out of the bends

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

G-mansjk

Pull it back out hold the slave straight up and down with the plunger/ rod facing down and pump the slave to make sure it's good them have someone press the pedal a bit to make sure it's not a defective slave. You can also try pressing on the clutch fork with the slave out to check if it's busted

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom