Lucky - a 17 JKU build

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
After the tragic demise of deuce, here is the start of my new jeep Lucky. I lucked out and found a decently modified jeep that I can make a few additions and start crawling again. Here she is the day I bought it and a list of what's been done so far.

Rock krawler control arms - all 8
Looks like they also installed geo brackets in front. Not sure why but I'll be removing these unless someone else can enlighten me as to why this was done.

RCV axles in the front
Truss to front/rear axle
Looks like a RC lift and shocks, measured at 3inches
Spyder lock beadlocks with 37 Cooper stt
Bestop nx softop, twill
Unsure who makes the front and rear bumper
Evo corner armor
Fab fours door armor
Adam's front driveshaft
Cobra 29 cb

Things I plan to add/change
Bubba's tierod and draglink - DONE
Evo coils - DONE
Bumpstops -DONE
Rancho 9000xl shocks - DONE
Clayton HD swaybar links in the rear - DONE
Remove geo brackets from the front -DONE
Revolution rear axle shafts - DONE
LOD rock sliders -DONE
Painless wiring - DONE
Rockhard transmission/oil skid - DONE
Dynomax exhaust - DONE
Mesh sun shade - DONE
Upgrade speakers - DONE
Tuffy security enclosure - DONE
Tuffy under the seat lockbox - DONE
Bartract seat covers - DONE
Rockhard sport cage

20191215_091807.jpg 20191221_133935.jpg 20191221_133854.jpg 20191221_124549.jpg 20191221_133920.jpg 20191221_134002.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s a great start! What’s your plan for The spare? Or did I miss it?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
That’s a great start! What’s your plan for The spare? Or did I miss it?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
That depends. I'm hoping the insurance let's me take off my old bumpers then I'll reuse that. If not I'll have to decide what to use.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
First mods are finally in. I've been experiencing pretty bad bumpsteer. Mainly due to the lift without correcting the flipped draglink so I decided to buy Bubba's from exodus jeeps, thanks for the swag. Also can't forget the wayalife decals! 20191226_170844.jpg

Clutch

Caught the Bug
First mods are finally in. I've been experiencing pretty bad bumpsteer. Mainly due to the lift without correcting the flipped draglink so I decided to buy Bubba's from exodus jeeps, thanks for the swag. Also can't forget the wayalife decals! View attachment 339110

Is Bubba flipped? Do you need to ream the knuckle? Do you need the raised Track bar bracket too?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bmkrinne

Great news! Nice Jeep with a lot of extras!! Glad everything is working out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Well some good news. Insurance finally ponied up and I'll have about $4500 for upgrades. I'm thinking of just going ahead and doing hydro assist. Anyone have experience with redneck ram? Any tips on what all I'll need?

BaddestCross

Well some good news. Insurance finally ponied up and I'll have about $4500 for upgrades. I'm thinking of just going ahead and doing hydro assist. Anyone have experience with redneck ram? Any tips on what all I'll need?

Love my Redneck Ram setup. You'll need to get your steering box ported by them or buy one from them that's ported already.

Because I'm not a welder, I bought the bolt-on axle-side bracket from PSC and the tie rod clamp from Carolina Metal Masters.

I'm going to add their replacement pulley to get rid of the low performance in quick back-and-forth turning at sudden low speed (as in pulling into a parking space) if Bubba ever gets around to sending me one. [emoji849][emoji23]

It's been a really solid system and you can't beat the price.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Exodus 4x4

I have a JKU setup in stock. I’d need to check the ram travel for yours compared to the one I have here though.

I'm going to add their replacement pulley to get rid of the low performance in quick back-and-forth turning at sudden low speed (as in pulling into a parking space) if Bubba ever gets around to sending me one. [emoji849][emoji23]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Lol, I know man. It’s literally one of the few things I did NOT throw away when I cleaned off my tool box the other day, so I’m closer to sending that out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Love my Redneck Ram setup. You'll need to get your steering box ported by them or buy one from them that's ported already.

Because I'm not a welder, I bought the bolt-on axle-side bracket from PSC and the tie rod clamp from Carolina Metal Masters.

--
Yea I was wondering if welding was involved. Thanks for the recommendations on those parts, I'll check them out. I also read some people used a sector shaft brace. Any real need there?

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug

--
What does that bracket look like BTW. Can't seem to find it on they website.

Top Bottom