EVO Sport Cage

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Has anyone heard any updates on the EVO Sport Cage? I heard they stopped making it due to rising steel costs. I’ve been waiting for them to restart production as all my armor is EVO (minus the bumpers) and I’d hate to mix it up now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I was really hoping to go that route too, but it’s not looking good. If they don’t have a timeline by spring, I’m going for the PS Cage.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Agree with Bubba. I’m super happy with my RH cage and I know enough folks with the EVO cage and in my opinion, it’s all preference as they pretty much do the same thing. No experience with the PS cage but having installed a hand full of EVO cages and Rock hard cages I can say they are both well built and will serve their purpose. The EVO cage I feel is a bit more refined and the install is easier, a bit more time consuming but a little more idiot proof. The RH cage is simpler but a bit more tricky to get set up correctly.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You guys don’t like the RH cage? I think it looks cool when painted black.

I have two rockhard cages and I wanted the evo for the stock jeep since it is Tina’s DD. It’s easier to see out of and super sleek. For me, I would just like to try something new.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:
I have two rockhard cages and I wanted the evo for the stock jee since it is Tina’s DD. It’s easier to see out of and super sleek. For me, I would just like to try something new.

^^^This is a valid point about the visibility. It’s only barely less than stock with no cage.^^^

JKbrick

I have two rockhard cages and I wanted the evo for the stock jeep since it is Tina’s DD. It’s easier to see out of and super sleek. For me, I would just like to try something new.

Don’t tell Tina that! But to the main question I love my PS cage but holy shit I fought for a long time getting it bolted to the floor in the right place. That was a giant pain in the dick

Ddays

Hooked
It’s easier to see out of and super sleek.

^^^This is a valid point about the visibility. It’s only barely less than stock with no cage.^^^

That's my only complaint about the RH cage. Well that and the fact that they use old shitty taps from WWII for the bolt holes. Oh, and you'd swear the A pillar brace was made for a Honda Civic the first time you try to jam the fucker in there.
But if you're shorter, it's a real bitch to see over. I had to make the wife a lift kit for the passenger seat so she could see over the dash bar. It took me some time to get used to it as well. I'm hesitant to put the RH in my JL because of those issues.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That's my only complaint about the RH cage. Well that and the fact that they use old shitty taps from WWII for the bolt holes. Oh, and you'd swear the A pillar brace was made for a Honda Civic the first time you try to jam the fucker in there.
But if you're shorter, it's a real bitch to see over. I had to make the wife a lift kit for the passenger seat so she could see over the dash bar. It took me some time to get used to it as well. I'm hesitant to put the RH in my JL because of those issues.

I don’t think it’s bad at all to see over even with the mastercraft seats. But I could see how it would be tough if you’re a midget.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I loved my old OR-Fab cage in my ‘09. It tied into the floor and the dash bar sat nice and low. The RH looks cool but causes some visibility issues for me; I’ve heard the PS squeaks like a mouse and it doesn’t tie into the windshield frame which sucks in my opinion.

That’s too bad about the EVO cage. I haven’t actually seen one in person but the visibility in Eddie’s pics looked great.

Last edited:

Seahawkfan

Hooked

Exodus 4x4

Found this in a google search. Maybe make phone contact to make sure it's legit. http://www.extoffroad.com/oscommerce/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/146/products_id/11857

Doubtful. To the best of my knowledge I was the last one to have one in inventory, until one of the forum members ended up buying it. That was almost a year ago.

Most places don’t actually inventory parts anymore and use 3rd party warehouses for parts like this. I’ve never heard of this website so I’d be surprised if they actually inventoried parts from EVO and had a full kit laying around. More than likely they’re just another guy that decided to get a business license and applied for distribution, hoping to get better discounts on parts for him and his buddies. Whoever owns the website probably has a day job and only sells a part once or twice a month.

The websites are actually templates that auto-fill and make him look more legit when manufacturers do a search before approval. It’s rampant throughout the industry and has gotten worse in the last couple of years, thanks to a company that gathers data from the manufacturers and builds websites already preloaded with all the data.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've installed and or personally run a lot of the JK cages that had come out including ones that are no longer available. It's a shame that EVO no longer makes theirs being that it really provided the BEST visibility bar none. This was especially important on Rubicat being that she was a 2012 and with the taller dash. I also loved how it had the cleanest look once installed especially along the A-pillars. That said, of all the other cages that are still made, I personally would go with RH. Nobody really wheels as hard as they imagine and the factory roll bars are for the most part, good enough to keep you safe. The extra bars will only help them along and really, there's no need to go all the way to the floor. At least, not the kind of common tips and flops I've seen.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I've installed and or personally run a lot of the JK cages that had come out including ones that are no longer available. It's a shame that EVO no longer makes theirs being that it really provided the BEST visibility bar none. This was especially important on Rubicat being that she was a 2012 and with the taller dash. I also loved how it had the cleanest look once installed especially along the A-pillars. That said, of all the other cages that are still made, I personally would go with RH. Nobody really wheels as hard as they imagine and the factory roll bars are for the most part, good enough to keep you safe. The extra bars will only help them along and really, there's no need to go all the way to the floor. At least, not the kind of common tips and flops I've seen.

My biggest fear with flopping the Jeep hasn’t been as much on the trail but at speed on highways or intersections driving it daily. Especially after last summers fun, but plan for the worst and hope for the best.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Doubtful. To the best of my knowledge I was the last one to have one in inventory, until one of the forum members ended up buying it. That was almost a year ago.

Most places don’t actually inventory parts anymore and use 3rd party warehouses for parts like this. I’ve never heard of this website so I’d be surprised if they actually inventoried parts from EVO and had a full kit laying around. More than likely they’re just another guy that decided to get a business license and applied for distribution, hoping to get better discounts on parts for him and his buddies. Whoever owns the website probably has a day job and only sells a part once or twice a month.

The websites are actually templates that auto-fill and make him look more legit when manufacturers do a search before approval. It’s rampant throughout the industry and has gotten worse in the last couple of years, thanks to a company that gathers data from the manufacturers and builds websites already preloaded with all the data.

That sure makes it tough on guys like you who are running a legit business.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My biggest fear with flopping the Jeep hasn’t been as much on the trail but at speed on highways or intersections driving it daily. Especially after last summers fun, but plan for the worst and hope for the best.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

All I can say is that there are literally over 2 million JK's that were made over an 11 year period of time. If death or serious injury from a highway rollover or intersection collision were a significant threat, I think we would have heard more about it by now. Not saying that you shouldn't get a sport cage or that one wouldn't help to improve protection, I just don't think they're as essential as so many seem to think. But then, that's just me.

Top Bottom