2014 jku issues after plug and coil change

muddymike

I had #2 misfire code decided to replace coil packs and plugs. Jeep runs rougher than before and now throws map sensor code. I am at total loss at this point.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.:mad:

I had #2 misfire code decided to replace coil packs and plugs. Jeep runs rougher than before and now throws map sensor code. I am at total loss at this point.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.:mad:

I’d bet Vegas money on a loose or disconnected sensor or perhaps even a damaged one. Just calmly go back through everything you touched and check everything. There are a lot of little sensors and wires that you have to touch and disconnect to pull that upper intake.

muddymike

I’d bet Vegas money on a loose or disconnected sensor or perhaps even a damaged one. Just calmly go back through everything you touched and check everything. There are a lot of little sensors and wires that you have to touch and disconnect to pull that upper intake.

Thanks, went through everything possible with out tearing into it again. Vacuum hose loose on throttle body. Still seams to be missing but maybe I am a little gun shy. Cleared codes and test drove jeep no new codes. Flashed new tune just to make sure.
MERRY CHRISTMAS:clap2:

muddymike

Well that sucks

So I am now back to square one jeep is again throwing p 302 misfire #2cylinder. Any suggestions?

jeeeep

Hooked
So I am now back to square one jeep is again throwing p 302 misfire #2cylinder. Any suggestions?

on the 2012+ models it may be a fuel injector if the error is on #2 cylinder - that's what it turned out to be on my friends Jeep.

the 2012+ changed to the individual coil paks so the misfire code fix isn't the same as it is for the earlier models.

Last edited:
Have you checked the MAP sensor connector and the sensor itself? You would have removed the connector while replacing plugs, so it could have been damaged or loosely connected.

Cyl #2 misfire could still be an injector....

Top Bottom