Wave from AZ transplant to Raleigh, NC

Hey fellow jeepers,

First the rig and our Wayalife forum name (11111100000) is simply 2016 in binary code. Our Jeep started as an Anvil 2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock with a manual transmission. I installed the Metal Cloak overline Full body armor system that we absolutely loved but sadly had to let it go with a Chrysler factory buy back deal. As part of the buy back deal we had to agree to the automatic transmission that we were not happy about but have grown to really like it. We special ordered our current 2016 Granite Crystal Metallic replacement JKU Rubicon Hard Rock and started over.
After getting showered with salt spray from the salt truck on I-40, I decided I wouldn’t drill all those holes into the sheet metal for the overline finders on the 2016 (we’re not in AZ anymore Toto)

Our 2016 build- AEV 2.5” DualSport XT lift w/ geometry correction- AEV rear tire carrier- 17x8” Mopar beadlocks w/ 12mm offset- Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrack 315/70-17 (35s)- Superchips Flashcal F5- retained the original Hard Rock,X,10A, 75A factory steel bumpers w/ front end caps removed- Odyssey battery 34R-PC1500T Extream- Warn Zeon 10s winch with synthetic rope- Rough County 50” LED light bar w/ A pillar brackets-Maximus-3 winch plate, front bumper stinger & Mag light seat mount- 13” antenna- Rhino Rack 72x56” Pioneer Platform roof rack W/ backbone system and rear edge load roller- Smittybilt overlander roof top tent and like any Jeep owner the build never ends.

The off road back story
I was born and raised in Canoga Park, Ca. I enlisted in the US Army, bouncing around the world for 26 years finally retiring at Ft. Huachuca, AZ. My passion for off roading grew strong in Cochise county, AZ. I started on a 1999 Yamaha YZ250 two stroke dirt bike and upgraded every 2 years as a die hard two stroke guy until I finally gave in and went four stroke with a 2005 Honda CRF450R learning to ride motocross at Nomads MX track in Serra Vista, AZ. I’d meet up many weekends with a group of whiplash and other local desert racers as they were practicing and I was simply enjoying ridding open desert trails with some damn good riders. We’d go to the Glamis sand dunes as much as we could and those huge dunes were some of the best two wheel ridding of my life!
Now after 15 years of having all the legal desert trails, sand wash and MX track basically in my back yard with arguably the best sand dunes in the US only a 5 hour drive away. I find myself in Raleigh (Research Triangle Park) NC after a job relocation. This place is beautiful and I do love it here except for the lack of legal off road area. The only legal off road area is Uwharrie National Forest OHV park, a 2 hour drive away.

Welcome from Utah. Cool throwback to the computer programmers out there. My wife got a pretty good chuckle out of that one.

Top Bottom