Cooper STT Pros on packed snow

StefanoD

Hi,
I mount the Cooper STT Pros on my JK 2 door (size 315/70 R17) and I already tried them on high snow, but not yet on the packed/iced snow you find on the street, not in off-road.

I understand that the Cooper STT Pros can't perform well as winter tyres on the street, but I'd like to know how good they are on packed/iced snow on the street said by anyone of you who tried them in such way.
Is it safe to drive with them on packed/iced snow?
Would I air them down also when I drive on packed/iced snow on the street?

Thank you.

Best.

desertrunner

I've got the Cooper's on my 2dr in MT and yeah they work but they are not great. You will be fine if you drive smart, I wouldn't be terribly concerned if it was my DD just drive a little slower. The duratracs on both my trucks did better on snow packed roads under the same conditions but you can get yourself in the same amount of trouble if you drive like an idiot. Just my 2 cents but I don't second guess driving my Jeep to work if I want to just because of the Cooper's and my buddy who bought my old Cooper's has them on his ram DD and he does just fine, just has to take it easy as we should in those conditions. I don't personally air down in the winter but my Jeep isn't a DD but I suppose it could help

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
They are adequate for what they are, which is a wide mt with big lugs and no siping. Are they safe? Yes. Are they ideal? No. Leave the air pressure where it should be for road.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom