Trailer tire question

dustinfromohio

I started tearing down my bantam T3c this week. Plan is to match the tire size of my TJ and share the spare. For those of you towing offroad trailers regularly, is there a benefit to MTs on a trailer vs ATs? Seems like an AT would roll down the highway easier and weigh less but does a MT offer more offroad stability?

I would agree that since the traction of the tire is negligible as it’s not powered and just dragged behind an AT would likely have better life. Unless you want something with more sidewall protection for peace of mind I don’t really see any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

74CJ5

I had planned on throwing MT 35’s on my M416 but ended up saving a bunch of time and labor and got deal on some Toyo Open Country ATs. I will put the 35’s on my other trailer when those tires call it a day. I think the Open Country’s look good but I would have preferred MTs. Just couldn’t pass up the price. IMG_6168.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Abntroop

I started tearing down my bantam T3c this week. Plan is to match the tire size of my TJ and share the spare. For those of you towing offroad trailers regularly, is there a benefit to MTs on a trailer vs ATs? Seems like an AT would roll down the highway easier and weigh less but does a MT offer more offroad stability?

I run KO2’s on mine View attachment 339884

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

I was planning on C rated, do I need Es? The trailer completely loaded will be under 1500, maybe closer to 1k.

Nah. C is fine. If you’re going to be dragging them up sharp jagged rocks you might want the e’s as they have more sidewall layers. But that also makes them stiffer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom