2008 JK Rubicon Infinity amplifier delete!

Frederick

Hello everyone, I would like to delete or bypass my factory amplifier. Any easy way to do it?
I have an aftermarket unit installed

Last edited:

littlebeas

No easy way to do it. Completely different wiring setup between the amplified and standard versions.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

When you take the amplifier out of a stock system designed to use one you’re no longer powering your speakers to their design and it will sound like crap.(yes the speakers are different)
But go for it, let us know how it goes.

Frederick

When you take the amplifier out of a stock system designed to use one you’re no longer powering your speakers to their design and it will sound like crap.(yes the speakers are different)
But go for it, let us know how it goes.

I want to know the process of bypassing the amp not the outcomes. Thanks

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The red lines are current. The green lines are bypassed.

IMG_9098.jpg

You’re welcome.

Noble Woodsman

Isn't your aftermarket head unit also designed to work with an amplifier? What amp does the manufacturer recommend?

"Cleaner output" requires an amp at medium to high volume anyway, so bypassing the factory amp is a bad idea for this reason also.

Why do you not have fade capability now? Unless i am mistaken, i think the factory amp and head unit has fade capability.

Wethy

Isn't your aftermarket head unit also designed to work with an amplifier? What amp does the manufacturer recommend?

"Cleaner output" requires an amp at medium to high volume anyway, so bypassing the factory amp is a bad idea for this reason also.

Why do you not have fade capability now? Unless i am mistaken, i think the factory amp and head unit has fade capability.

When you use a canbus wiring harness you lose the fade capabilities on aftermarket head units due to the factory head unit using 2 channels sent to the amp(only happens with the factory amp). So the head unit sends a "request" to the amp, and it fades via the amp. The OP has replaced his oem headunit.

Most likely the OP would have to run speaker wires from the back of the stereo harness to the new amp then new wires to the speakers. Also youd lose the factory sun doing this. Just like a normal amp install.

Noble Woodsman

When you use a canbus wiring harness you lose the fade capabilities on aftermarket head units due to the factory head unit using 2 channels sent to the amp(only happens with the factory amp). So the head unit sends a "request" to the amp, and it fades via the amp. The OP has replaced his oem headunit.

Most likely the OP would have to run speaker wires from the back of the stereo harness to the new amp then new wires to the speakers. Also youd lose the factory sun doing this. Just like a normal amp install.

Oh wow. I didnt realize the canbus was also linked to the sound system on the newer jeeps. I learned something new, so thank you! It seems like canbus makes troubleshooting and modifications so much harder while offering few benefits.

JKbrick

Oh wow. I didnt realize the canbus was also linked to the sound system on the newer jeeps. I learned something new, so thank you! It seems like canbus makes troubleshooting and modifications so much harder while offering few benefits.

Canbus sucks and it’s shit and I can’t say enough bad things about it. I just woke up or I could think of something worse I’m sure

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frederick

Thanks for the reply, now we are getting somewhere. Do I have to run just the new speaker wires? Does the factory amp has to be completely disconnected?. I want to power my 4 speakers with the new head unit.

Frederick

Ha. If you say so. You’re ignoring rms watts and ohms. But hey have fun with it.

Your replies have nothing to do with my question. I know about ohm's and rms watts. If you don't have an answer to my original post don't reply again. Thanks

Top Bottom