VIDEO : WAYALIFE ACM - JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount Installation

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One of the cheapest and easiest things you can do to help improve the ride quality and performance of your Jeep JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator Truck off road, is to let some air out of your tires. This is what a lot people refer to as, “airing down” and it’ll do wonders to help soften up your ride especially when driving on rough but easy terrain like desert mining trails and fire roads. It’ll also help give your tires a bigger footprint and that can make all the difference in things like soft sand and deep snow. Last but not least, it’ll maximize the amount of traction your tires have by allowing them to wrap around rocks and uneven obstacles.

Now, letting air out of your tires is the easy part. How to get air back in is the real question? And, this where a good air compressor like the ARB CKMA12 can come in handy. Sure, there are bigger air compressors you can get but honestly, I can’t say that I’ve ever felt the need for one, even with big 40” tires. Of course, the compact size of this CKMA12 makes it super easy to install under the hood especially if you have one of my air compressor mounts, the ACM. In this short video, you’ll get to see just how easy it is to get one installed.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
ACM JL / JT Air Compressor Mount: https://bit.ly/39EUCeU
ARB High Output Air Compressor : https://amzn.to/2OtgwaF
ARB Air Hose Accessory Kit : https://amzn.to/2OrLRut
ARB Extension Hose 1M : https://amzn.to/2OBT1fP
ARB Remote Hose Coupling Kit : https://amzn.to/2OwcX3t
ARB Breather/Filter Relocation Kit: https://amzn.to/2FxIj6a

TOOLS REQUIRED
• 10mm Wrench & Socket
• 19mm Wrench
• 3, 4mm Allen Wrench
• 7/16" Wrench & Socket*
• Crescent Wrench
• Trim Tab Pry Tool
• Teflon Tape

*NEW : As of 01/18/2020, the ACM now comes with all metric hardware! All you need is a 10mm wrench to install the mount.

COMPLETE INSTALLATION WRITE UP
https://bit.ly/2uliy6O

The WAYALIFE ACM is designed to work with an ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor, a 12V high output on board air compressor that I've used for years, on multiple Jeeps and have always found to work exceptionally well. Because of its compact size, it will allow you to mount it outside the cabin of your JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator and safely under the hood. Installed up against the firewall and under the brake booster, you can access the air chuck from behind the fender liner near the shock tower or you can run a hose extension to a chuck located remotely on your Jeep. Also, if you're wanting to run ARB air lockers on your factory axles or on something like a Dana UD60, Dynatrac ProRock or Currie Rock Jock, the ACM will help make plumbing air lines to the compressor super easy as well. Removal of the driver side fender to install everything will be necessary but otherwise, absolutely no drilling or cutting is required.

The ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor and all components needed to complete this install can be purchased through the Amazon links above.

20200105101924-4d77f398-me.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
It’s so nice to work on a Jeep when it was new and clean!

Great video!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

TrailHunter

Hooked
Very Cool...Clean Setup... can't wait to see the Gladiator lifted with bigger tires..... wait.... what year is it? :crazyeyes: Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very Cool...Clean Setup... can't wait to see the Gladiator lifted with bigger tires..... wait.... what year is it? :crazyeyes: Lol

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Dammit, I needed this video last week. Great walk through.

LOL - sorry, been trying to get it done as quickly as we could. :crazyeyes:

The air supply video. [emoji23]

Very nicely done video.

:D Glad to hear you could enjoy the moment as much as me :crazyeyes:

So very cool. I know making brackets and getting them to a point where you feel good about bringing them to market is both time consuming and exhausting. When the time comes for some JT awesomeness of my own, I’ll be sure to place my orders. Well down guys!

Bear_JT

Hooked
That was a very informative video! I like how clean and accessible your mount keeps everything Eddie.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just getting back into town, will have to watch this tomorrow. Need to get one of these and a compressor set up soon

Awesome :thumb:

Glad to see I did it pretty much the same as you. Great video as always!

Thank you and I'm glad to hear your install went smooth and easy :)

So very cool. I know making brackets and getting them to a point where you feel good about bringing them to market is both time consuming and exhausting. When the time comes for some JT awesomeness of my own, I’ll be sure to place my orders. Well down guys!

Very cool! I should note it wasn't cheap either. But, it's been fun. I just wish I could make more stuff :crazyeyes:

That was a very informative video! I like how clean and accessible your mount keeps everything Eddie.

Thank you. I tried to put a lot of thought into making this. I also spent a lot of time testing it before releasing it for sale and at a price point that most people can afford. I hope it's helpful to others :yup:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Great video! Definitely will help me here in the future. I love switches that Jeep provides as an option it makes wiring so much easier. [emoji41]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great install video, actually slot easier looking than I expected. Will be going this route soon

Thanks and awesome :)

Great video! Definitely will help me here in the future. I love switches that Jeep provides as an option it makes wiring so much easier. [emoji41]

Honestly, I don't know why they didn't do it sooner being that RAM trucks have had them for a while now. Super handy to have :yup:

Another well done video. Very informative. It’s a nice spot for the ARB.

Thanks! I think it's been a great place for sure :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
Though it would seldom happen, any issues with exposure to water or submersion of the air compressor?

I’ve had my portable air compressor forever now. This would be a nice upgrade.

Also, any issues after upgrading to you COs? You removed the liner now or just trimmed around.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Though it would seldom happen, any issues with exposure to water or submersion of the air compressor?

I’ve had my portable air compressor forever now. This would be a nice upgrade.

Also, any issues after upgrading to you COs? You removed the liner now or just trimmed around.

The top of my compressor sits at almost 4 feet off the ground. If I'm fording water deeper than that, I'd have a LOT more to worry about than getting water in my compressor. But, if you plan on going deep, ARB does sell a kit that will allow you to relocate your breather/filter to wherever you want. I have it linked in the description too :)

No problems with the coilovers, fits prefect! I even still have most of my factory fender liners in place. I just trimmed around it :)

Top Bottom