Looking for secure iPad holder...

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Does anyone here use an iPad or Tablet while off roading? I have a good strong one for iPhone (ioti). Looking to start using iPad for mapping and need something that wont fall off while off roading.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Check out Ram Ball mounts. There are alot of products for mounting electronics because you can't be a real overlander without at least 3 electronic screens pointed directly at your face at all times.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

CalSgt

Hooked
Carolina metal masters makes a 1" ball that replaces the bolt in the passenger grab bar, I have one with a ram mount socket arm and X grip holding my phone. It seems to stay steady, would probably work with a medium sized iPad.

They also have 1" ball mounts for the grab handles on the A Pillar too, I thought I had a discount code I would have given out but it expired on the 1st...

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

PokerStogey

I have not yet grabbed one for the iPad, but have been using 67designs mounts for awhile now.... solid stuff. Made in the USA so it is a little more pricey but I have have found them to be a far superior mount to the cheaper options I tried previously. Worth looking into IMO

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
That particular mount looks just like one Akron makes. I do not want it on my pass side floor. Ram does make one for dash but they are bending you over for what they charge. $140. to get started than $99 for iPad mount. They can blow me.

Buy once cry once. :idontknow: It mounts the iPad in the most usable location possible and if you use the cellular version you really have no need for the stock radio. It's paid for itself in the 3 years I've had it installed :twocents:

DMF

If you change your mind about having a floor mount iPad holder, I have one from RAM for sale for $100 ;)

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Buy once cry once. :idontknow: It mounts the iPad in the most usable location possible and if you use the cellular version you really have no need for the stock radio. It's paid for itself in the 3 years I've had it installed :twocents:

I appreciate your input. Don't take it personal about my comment. Just typing outloud:blush:

Ddays

Hooked
I appreciate your input. Don't take it personal about my comment. Just typing outloud:blush:

Nope, no worries at all. I know it was expensive for such a small piece of plastic, but the functionality of the damn thing is dead on. In my case that made it worth it to me. The Ram mounts are really nice but there really aren't too many other options out there that I liked.

ckor

RAMM mounts for me also. I did have an issue with the iPad mount dropping a bit when off-roading. Put a few screws threw the ball to stop it. Works like a charm. Worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Braxtonsag

Overlander sent me a ram mount a few months ago and I bought a new longer rod. I bent it to the dash lines and it works and looks great.
490FCE84-FC2C-4235-B226-9758D3A13472.jpg
I have no clue why it posted cockeyed

Last edited:

JK_0311

I have been looking for something too, I was looking at replacing one of the bolts in the passenger grab handle above the glove box with a RAM ball, I’ve heard that CMM made it but can’t find it on there website and heard a couple other companies made it as well, but still can’t find it. I plan on calling them when I get some free time. If anyone has more I information on this or if it is a bad idea let me know, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
For now I purchased a Akron Long Arm Windshield Suction Mount. Was only $32. I have has a Iotti windshield mount for my iPhone 10 both on my Jeep and Goldwing windscreen. They are the best windshield type holders I have ever used. We will see about the Akron and my large iPad tomorrow. I am going off roading and will be testing it out. I'm sure sooner or later the pad may slip out from the jarring, or from the weight, suction may break free from windscreen. It is a lot to ask of with a big iPad and a jarring Jeep.

However I did order a Vektor bar and will be using the 67 mounts probably. I like the fact that it goes across the dash and you can mount all kinds of shit to it. Plus they are held on to bar with circle clamps. We are driving from Pa to Utah this spring and I don't want to be bothered with limited holders for stuff.

I post tomorrow night about the Akron.

Top Bottom