Painting inner fenders

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
So iv been wanting to paint my inner wheel wells for a while now. I think it just looks really clean with them black. I have factory cut fenders and just want some advice on spraying my wheel wells.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The factory plastic or the tub? I just used black frame paint. It’s held up pretty well but now it’s under liners.

jdofmemi

I used black undercoating paint on mine. It keeps it a little different from the armor, which is regular paint.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
I used Raptor liner in the spray can for mine, it turned out good, at least I think so. Just be sure to take the time to prep the area correctly.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
I also used a rubberized undercoating. I roughed up the surface with 400 grit paper if I remember correctly. Then I wiped it all down with lacquer thinner. I don't remember if I primed it first or just sprayed it directly on. It's been that way for about 7 years and has held up really well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I bought some automotive matte black to spray under there and was thinking of sanding it a little so the paint will stick.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I sprayed mine with a rubberized under coating. I went with the rubberized to help deaden road noise or rocks that hit inside.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
IMG_6077.jpg before trim
IMG_6080.jpg after trim
IMG_6079.jpg before trim IMG_6081.jpg after trim
IMG_6129.jpg
IMG_6130.jpg
IMG_6128.jpg
Trimmed and painted fender wells. A lot cleaner now.

Top Bottom