Long-arm installed by ORE

Well I decided to take the plunge and get the high clearance long-arm kit installed by Off Road Evolution on my 2012 JKU. All i can say is why did i not get the long-arm kit installed at the very beginning of my build??!!

I had them install the kit since it is way above my skill set. I had a few other worn parts to get replaced at the same time.

I did install the 4" plush ride springs before i had ORE install the LA kit. Even that was huge improvement on my jeeps ride quality.

The ride is night and day difference. Very noticeable on rough city streets...its like the jeep just walks over the rough roads instead of bouncing over the bumps. Extremely noticeable on the freeway at speeds... very smooth ride other than the normal 37" tire ride... lol

One thing i'm on the fence about is adding the steering stabilizer back on... Mel kept telling me its needed and he doesn't recommend driving without one. I had the fox 2.0 SS and had taken it off due to some steering issues. When i removed it, my steering issues were gone. weird.

Do you all recommend using a steering stabilizer? I've read threads here and so many do not use them. Mel mentioned that a SS helps the other components from not wearing out as fast... i think i heard him right... does that sound correct?

Anyways... can't wait to take it wheeling!! so far the mall has been a blast since picking up the jeep yesterday!! :rock:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Congrats on the LA kit, I hope you went with the High Clearance!

I love mine, just the lower control arm mounts like to grab rocks and not let go.

I’d trust Mel on the SS, I have run mine without and it was fine, but he has a ton of insight on them and I’d trust his recommendation on that.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you have everything dialed in, there really is no "need" for a steering stablizer BUT, having one is always beneficial. That being said, I personally prefer an OE stabilizer over any fancy higher end one. I've always had the best results with them. Well, that or a ram assist :crazyeyes:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Spend $60 on a non pressurized Rancho 5000 or OE style.. or $400 on a Fox... The $160ish pressurized shocks push the steering. Ask me how I know.

Yes i bought the high clearance LA kit.

Good advice on the OE stabilizer. I'll add that to my list. Not going Ram assist anytime soon if ever... :crazyeyes:

wjtstudios

Hooked

Good advice on the OE stabilizer. I'll add that to my list. Not going Ram assist anytime soon if ever... :crazyeyes:

That’s what I said, and I should have done the ram assist years ago. It’s that big of a difference

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Just a little unsolicited advice. Go through and check Every bolt and nut that has been touched in that kit and check all the brake components that were touched on the install. First trip out I was squirting brake fluid on the inside of my tire. Engine cover missing. My brake reservoir cap was missing and fluid low.. Just found that my last trip out. Check your pinyon angle... Basically check everything.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Just a little unsolicited advice. Go through and check Every bolt and nut that has been touched in that kit and check all the brake components that were touched on the install. First trip out I was squirting brake fluid on the inside of my tire. Engine cover missing. My brake reservoir cap was missing and fluid low.. Just found that my last trip out. Check your pinyon angle... Basically check everything.

Damn, that’s some scary stuff coming from shops that literally have our lives at stake...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

It's a little lesson that if you have someone else doing the work to still get in there and double check...

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agree with this 100% regardless of where you take it to have the work done. Any shop is capable of fucking something up. Even working on something myself, I will always go back through a few hours later after I’m fresh and retrace my steps or have someone else with the knowledge of the repair or upgrade double check me. It’s just good practice

mattfl

I added a ram assist a few weeks ago. It has been, by far, the biggest game changing upgrade I've done on my Jeep.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

If you happen to come across stuff like this after you spend a boat load of money, make sure you call said shop and tell them/complain politely. Shops can ONLY improve how things are done and make sure you get the best results possible if you tell them. If you don’t say anything to the shop then someone else may have the same result as you.

Well now i may look into ram assist... i knew there was a reason i mainly lurk the interwebs... haha

one thing i have noticed is the exhaust has a very different sound. they said they had to modify the exhaust to fit the long-arms. has anyone else noticed a change in the exhaust sound after installing the LA kit?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well now i may look into ram assist... i knew there was a reason i mainly lurk the interwebs... haha

one thing i have noticed is the exhaust has a very different sound. they said they had to modify the exhaust to fit the long-arms. has anyone else noticed a change in the exhaust sound after installing the LA kit?

They had to flip the exhaust loop in order to get the long arms installed. This is normal with a GOOD kit and I suppose that could possible change the sound a bit. However, if what you're hearing is a significant change, do you still have your muffler installed? Just asking to make sure.

They had to flip the exhaust loop in order to get the long arms installed. This is normal with a GOOD kit and I suppose that could possible change the sound a bit. However, if what you're hearing is a significant change, do you still have your muffler installed? Just asking to make sure.

i pieced together the Dynomax Quiet Crawler System based on reading threads on here.

its definitely a noticeable note change in how it sounds.

Well yeah, it's totally different than stock.

yes i know that... i've had this on for a few years. ;)

what i'm saying is i hear an exhaust sound change after having the LA kit installed. I was asking if anyone else experienced that since there is an exhaust mod done when installing the LA kit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
yes i know that... i've had this on for a few years. ;)

what i'm saying is i hear an exhaust sound change after having the LA kit installed. I was asking if anyone else experienced that since there is an exhaust mod done when installing the LA kit.

:cheesy: Sorry about not understanding what you were saying. I installed the quite crawler on our 2012 after getting the long arm kit installed so I couldn't say one way or another if there was a sound change. Again, I can see how it might be possible though especially being that the loop has to get flipped.

Top Bottom