New JTR day!

Sithwindu

So while it was tough to do, I pulled the trigger on trading in my 2013 gecko jku sport for a 2020 billet silver JTR!! Have a lot of good times in my Jk but super excited to start this new build! Jeeping has taken a back seat for the last few years, didn’t get to do much wheeling, was able to attend the jeep experience in Texas every year and that’s about it. But I have found new life and am reinvigorated to start this new build!! Meet Reinhardt (think this is the name I’m going with!)
IMG_6293.JPG
IMG_6253.jpg

Though I have a lot of questions on this new gladiator. What is a good height for them now? I seemed to have had no problem with my JK on 2.5 lift and 37’s but the longer wheel base makes me a little hesitant to run such a short lift. Would a 4.5 evo be a good route to go for 37’s?

I learned a lot from my time with the JK and gonna try to build this gladiator better. With plans for traveling more then anything. Living in south Texas leaves much to be desired scenically with plans to hit Colorado in July! (Black bear pass on the bucket list!)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
Though I have a lot of questions on this new gladiator. What is a good height for them now? I seemed to have had no problem with my JK on 2.5 lift and 37’s but the longer wheel base makes me a little hesitant to run such a short lift. Would a 4.5 evo be a good route to go for 37’s?

Congrats. Looks great. Piginajeep and Highoctane both have Rubicons and did the EVO 2.5 inch lift for 37s and it looks good. Hichoctane's is the same color as yours as well:

IMG_5987.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

If you haven't already watched Eddie and Cindy's JLX/JTX videos, I think most of the guys running 40s were running at least 6 inches of lift ( I could be wrong) and they were still scraping on the belly in some spots. I guess it also depends on how you're going to use it.

Sithwindu

Congrats. Looks great. Piginajeep and Highoctane both have Rubicons and did the EVO 2.5 inch lift for 37s and it looks good. Hichoctane's is the same color as yours as well:

View attachment 339888

View attachment 339889

If you haven't already watched Eddie and Cindy's JLX/JTX videos, I think most of the guys running 40s were running at least 6 inches of lift ( I could be wrong) and they were still scraping on the belly in some spots. I guess it also depends on how you're going to use it.

I love all their videos!!

And both those rigs looks sweet!!! As much as I’d like to think I would be doing rowdy obstacles and trails I’d be kidding myself. But I’d also like to be prepared just in case. But maybe I might just stick with a 2.5? It’s manly for daily driving and work more then anything but I wanna travel more and hit some nice trails with Rubicon trail and moab on a bucket list.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome and congratulations to you!!

As it's been mentioned, 2.5" will get you up on 37's and will give you a nice setup to have some fun. If you're wanting to play hard, 40's is what you'd want and even at that, you'll be dragging your belly at anything less that 6" of lift. When we did the JL/JT Experience, we had our coilovers set at about 4" of lift and we could really feel it.

Can't wait to see what you do with your new truck :thumb:

Sithwindu

Awesome and congratulations to you!!

As it's been mentioned, 2.5" will get you up on 37's and will give you a nice setup to have some fun. If you're wanting to play hard, 40's is what you'd want and even at that, you'll be dragging your belly at anything less that 6" of lift. When we did the JL/JT Experience, we had our coilovers set at about 4" of lift and we could really feel it.

Can't wait to see what you do with your new truck :thumb:

Thanks!!! As much as I’d really love to run 40’s I’m a little worried about throwing them under the jeep with the stock axles, and more worried about the wheel bearings and ball joints more then anything. (Seeing as how my job requires a lot of driving with some road pot holes rivaling king of the hammers obstacles lol)

I’d be lucky to get the truck out 4 times a year but the goal is at least do out of state once a year.

There are two fun parks near me (k2 in Mason Texas and hidden falls in marbel falls texas)but I wanna get out of state more and see more national parks and mountains and gear up for that. Big decisions to make soon! I’ll look at the 2.5 lift options!

Brute

Hooked
Nice truck...if you’re gonna run the Rubicon in it (or Black Bear Pass for that matter), you better practice your 3-point turns...

jdofmemi

Nice truck...if you’re gonna run the Rubicon in it (or Black Bear Pass for that matter), you better practice your 3-point turns...

Black Bear, better practice 13 point turns🤣🤣

Still a nice truck though👍

And I still want one for a work truck.

Sithwindu

Dude, congrats! Bring it by if you’re in town.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks brotha!! Will swing by for sure to talk to you about some things and check out the exodus truck! Gonna take the truck to hidden falls feb 21st to see its limits stock. And still undecided about taking it to the jeep experience. Iv lucked out the last few trips to K2 and the past few jeep experiences my jeep jku, not sure how lucky I’d be just yet in the truck there!

Sithwindu

Thanks everyone! Yeah black bear has always been on the bucket list and seen countless videos on it, for someone that’s scared of heights to a point, I’m stoked to hopefully finally make it this year!

Top Bottom