Alpine x209-wra-or or dedicated switches?

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I was initially planning on getting the x209-wra-or head unit to replace the stock. Kinda seems like it adds some cool offroad functionalities. And can control up to 8 devices (air lockers, air pump, lights, etc.). Looks like the x209 is discontinued and the replacement is less functional (no cd/dvd player), so if I'm going to get it i need to prioritize now.

Does anyone have this head unit here? If so what are your thoughts?

I'm really curious if anyone has the unit but still uses a dedicated switches. If so why?

Thanks in advance.

MericaMade

I was initially planning on getting the x209-wra-or head unit to replace the stock. Kinda seems like it adds some cool offroad functionalities. And can control up to 8 devices (air lockers, air pump, lights, etc.). Looks like the x209 is discontinued and the replacement is less functional (no cd/dvd player), so if I'm going to get it i need to prioritize now.

Does anyone have this head unit here? If so what are your thoughts?

I'm really curious if anyone has the unit but still uses a dedicated switches. If so why?

Thanks in advance.

Head unit is great but the built in switches are not. You need to buy Alpine KAC-001 for like 199 and set up a relay block so thats more money. Google the install for the KAC-001 and it will probably change your mined. Better option for around the same cost is the Switch Pros 9100 system, A lot easier to setup and more functional. Plus is solid state and no relays are needed.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Head unit is great but the built in switches are not. You need to buy Alpine KAC-001 for like 199 and set up a relay block so thats more money. Google the install for the KAC-001 and it will probably change your mined. Better option for around the same cost is the Switch Pros 9100 system, A lot easier to setup and more functional. Plus is solid state and no relays are needed.

I knew there was an add on module, but didn't know about wiring a relay block up. I've read some complaints about switching between the OR functionality, maps, and switch screen. But sounded like the lag was maybe due to upgrading older models to the OR package. I'd pretty much talked myself out of it. But if anyone has one and LOVES it I'd maybe change my mind.

Spazbyt

Hooked
This

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom