Jeep Xperience May 8-10

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Who’s going to the Jeep Xperience in Texas in May??
I just signed up and can’t wait. Guess I better get my rear diff fixed soon...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Whitarmy

Who’s going to the Jeep Xperience in Texas in May??
I just signed up and can’t wait. Guess I better get my rear diff fixed soon...

Im hoping to make it this year. Depends on when baby #3 decides to show up

Napalm

I am GOING!! Signed up for green and yellow trails so we should be good!

Can’t wait to meet all you guys!!!

Whoever is coming into town the day before (May 7th) y’all wanna do a WAYALIFE meetup?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Im hoping to make it this year. Depends on when baby #3 decides to show up

Congrats! Hopefully arrival doesn’t disagree with making the trip

I’ll be there! I already signed up as well. This will be my 4th year going.

Im stoked, I’ve never been but have been wanting to check out Katemcy anyway.

Hopefully Eddie & Cindy can make it out this year and bring Moby for some great wheeling

dillard09

I may try and make it out. Would be fun. I just cant commit right now. To early to tell about my work schedule. Plus it's my family's birthday week that week so not sure what momma has planned.

Exodus 4x4

I registered for the yellow group (sight seeing/overlanding) and the green group (mild rock crawling)

View attachment 339969

I’m being up front and telling you I’ve never seen a trail there that I would classify as that. Everything there requires lift and it’s granite. You will be scraping the undercarriage in an unforgiving way.

If there is a trail there that you can run stock, it won’t be very long. Every event out there ends up the same way. You’ll run the kiddie slope in the morning and get bored, then you’ll end up in some other group in the afternoon and you’ll break something. You will absolutely bend a tie rod at the very least. It isn’t Barnwell. Trust me.

Napalm

I’m being up front and telling you I’ve never seen a trail there that I would classify as that. Everything there requires lift and it’s granite. You will be scraping the undercarriage in an unforgiving way.

If there is a trail there that you can run stock, it won’t be very long. Every event out there ends up the same way. You’ll run the kiddie slope in the morning and get bored, then you’ll end up in some other group in the afternoon and you’ll break something. You will absolutely bend a tie rod at the very least. It isn’t Barnwell. Trust me.

I appreciate that info, Bubba! I knew it was a crazy park.. I was shocked to see the no minimum rig requirements and that they are featuring some overlanding/easy rock crawling parts of the trip.

I've emailed Shannon for some more information and to make sure my little rig will be safe, and in the meantime I am gonna try and get a few mods in to help. Worst case scenario, I'll get to hang out, take photos of all the awesome rigs, and meet some cool people! Maybe someone will have an open seat on one of the extreme runs that I can tag along with if my rig can't handle it!

Exodus 4x4

I appreciate that info, Bubba! I knew it was a crazy park.. I was shocked to see the no minimum rig requirements and that they are featuring some overlanding/easy rock crawling parts of the trip.

I've emailed Shannon for some more information and to make sure my little rig will be safe, and in the meantime I am gonna try and get a few mods in to help. Worst case scenario, I'll get to hang out, take photos of all the awesome rigs, and meet some cool people! Maybe someone will have an open seat on one of the extreme runs that I can tag along with if my rig can't handle it!

Yeah I’d go in with the attitude that you’ll probably end up riding with someone else.

Then again, you’ll probably own 3 different Jeep between now and then so who knows...

WJCO

Meme King

I don't know shit about this area, but I've seen some crazy people get through shit out here just on 32s and 33s. You've got a Rubicon, right? I say give it hell, pick good lines, have fun, but use your brain.

Exodus 4x4

I don't know shit about this area, but I've seen some crazy people get through shit out here just on 32s and 33s. You've got a Rubicon, right? I say give it hell, pick good lines, have fun, but use your brain.

Normally that’s true, but it’s a crowded event and that’s the biggest part of the problem. The drivers get anxious because they don’t want to look bad and embarrassed. They have a line of Jeeps behind them waiting on them to get past something, and they start feeling the pressure. Next thing you know they go go full potato and something breaks. It’s not terribly difficult if you can take your time and be technical.

Sithwindu

What bubba said, last two years they usually have 3 groups. The beginner group is literally just the park roads (which could be rocky as it is) for stock rigs

The middle groups would be a majority of the park, well the easier stuff and is what a majority of the group will run. The hardcore group is literally for buggy’s with HOGH chances of body damage and flipping. That’s usually led by the owner and a few buddies that got some buggy rigs

I believe I saw mel say he was gonna run the group doing the overlanding trails.

It’s a fun time regardless of the trail you run but be prepared for ALOT of belly rubbing.

I just traded my jku that i used to run the last several Texas jeep experiences and got a gladiator now. I work that entire weekend but contemplating requesting it off and attending. It’ll be interesting in my new gladiator, hoping to be on 37’s by then.

Napalm

Yeah I’d go in with the attitude that you’ll probably end up riding with someone else.

Then again, you’ll probably own 3 different Jeep between now and then so who knows...

Bubba! How do you know me so well?! ��

Yeah, I’m just gonna try and have that attitude. Honestly, the price of admission is worth it just getting to meet Mel and hang out with all the venders. If I get to wheel as well, That’ll be the icing on the cake [emoji4] plus I’ve never been to central Texas! I’m excited!

What bubba said, last two years they usually have 3 groups. The beginner group is literally just the park roads (which could be rocky as it is) for stock rigs

The middle groups would be a majority of the park, well the easier stuff and is what a majority of the group will run. The hardcore group is literally for buggy’s with HOGH chances of body damage and flipping. That’s usually led by the owner and a few buddies that got some buggy rigs

I believe I saw mel say he was gonna run the group doing the overlanding trails.

It’s a fun time regardless of the trail you run but be prepared for ALOT of belly rubbing.

I just traded my jku that i used to run the last several Texas jeep experiences and got a gladiator now. I work that entire weekend but contemplating requesting it off and attending. It’ll be interesting in my new gladiator, hoping to be on 37’s by then.

Dude yes! You need to come! I’d like to meet and hang out with you guys! And ride in your gladiator in the extreme group! ��

I'm psyched for the overlanding part of the trip. That's gonna be insane! I plan on upgrading my skids and getting some armor on beforehand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom