Cj10

Ausjeep113

Hi all,

I’ve been absent round here for a while now. Still have the JK but just purchased this rare old CJ10. It’s in an okay condition but has had a few backyard mods over the years. I only know what Wikipedia can tell me about these and they share quite a few parts with the CJ7 and 8.

Has the 4.2L 6 cylinder engine
Dana 44 front and Dana 60 rear.

I’ll try get some more photos of it soon. Needs a good wash and then a bit of a tidy up.

If anyone knows anymore about these feel free to drop some knowledge [emoji1303][emoji1303] IMG_2866.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
OMG - so awesome! One of the most ugly Jeeps bar none and I mean that in a good way. Congratulations [emoji1303]

wjtstudios

Hooked
Those are unicorns, definitely hard to find. Most of, if not all, were sold as commercial vehicles for mines, airport and industrial use.

The beds seem to be the hardest piece to find, most of them rotted out or destroyed.

Good luck with the build.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Elroy231

Thise things are lil tug monsters. Some were used in air ports. Dennis Collins is re doing one. See his 1st video of it. I agree there not quite as sharp as other jeeps. Okay okay any other jeep. Very cool score!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ausjeep113

Thanks everyone. Yeah they definitely are the ugly step brother of the other CJ’s [emoji23] hardest thing to find at the moment is door seals.
It’s got an old tipper tray on it, that’s going to be swapped out for a fabricated tub. I don’t really like the look of the factory tubs.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Wow! First time I've seen one of these guys. A ten slot grill (???) and a pickup bed. Awesome find! Time for Fraser Island sand.

Ausjeep113

Thanks everyone [emoji1303]
I swapped out the old steel wheels and dry rotted tyres for some factory Nissan patrol wheels I had in the shed. Rides a little bit nicer now.

Also found out that the original colore for that year was called Jamaican beige [emoji1303]

IMG_4585.jpg
IMG_4584.jpg

Top Bottom