Sudden noise - does anyone recognize!

streetfacts

I’ve had this humming sound noise on and off for the past month. When I open the hood O do not hear the sound, but when I look under the Jeep I hear it around the car. I would appreciate if anyone has had this experience also. Jeep Wrangler 2016 2-door - Willy’s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

trailraider

It "sounds" to me to be Acute Sound Deadiner for the timing wrench under the block spout electrical connector. It's very common for it to work loose on the willy's jeeps.
it is located in the TIPM under the cover and is called the ASD. pull this out and put some silicone in the cavities.let it harden and then slide the part back in.

problem solved.

streetfacts

It "sounds" to me to be Acute Sound Deadiner for the timing wrench under the block spout electrical connector. It's very common for it to work loose on the willy's jeeps.
it is located in the TIPM under the cover and is called the ASD. pull this out and put some silicone in the cavities.let it harden and then slide the part back in.

problem solved.

@Trailraider thank you! It makes the sound, when the Jeep is in Drive ( Automatic Trans.) and stop at a red light. I put it in neutral and it stops. You’ve hit the nail in the right spot!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

problem solved.

@Trailraider thank you! It makes the sound, when the Jeep is in Drive ( Automatic Trans.) and stop at a red light. I put it in neutral and it stops. You’ve hit the nail in the right spot!

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom