Service question

TytheBandit

So I went to 4WP today to get some fluids changed out on my Jeep. They changed the engine oil/filter, both diffs got new seals and new fluid. I asked to have the t-case fluid and the automatic transmission fluid changed. On my service order it only mentioned the engine, diffs, and t-case. I asked the service guy what was up with the auto not being written up on my receipt. He told me that the t-case and the auto trans uses the same fluid (well I knew that from my owner’s manual). He said that they changed the transmission fluid when they changed the t case fluid. Are they not separate things? Or does this sound correct?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
So I went to 4WP today to get some fluids changed out on my Jeep. They changed the engine oil/filter, both diffs got new seals and new fluid. I asked to have the t-case fluid and the automatic transmission fluid changed. On my service order it only mentioned the engine, diffs, and t-case. I asked the service guy what was up with the auto not being written up on my receipt. He told me that the t-case and the auto trans uses the same fluid (well I knew that from my owner’s manual). He said that they changed the transmission fluid when they changed the t case fluid. Are they not separate things? Or does this sound correct?

Same fluid but two separate gear boxes. How many quarts did they charge you for?

trailraider

View attachment 340167

Doesn’t say this is what I got from them.

Looks like its only 3 liters, and that's not enough .

should have been at least 7 for the trans and t-case.

Automatic
NAG 1 - Service Fill MOPAR® ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid 5.3 Quarts 5.0 Liters

♦ NAG 1 - Overhaul Fill MOPAR® ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid 8.1 Quarts 7.7 Liters

Manual
♦♦ NSG370 MOPAR Manual Transmission Lubricant meeting the requirements of FCA US Material Standard MS-9224. 1.6 Quarts 1.5 Liters

NV241 MOPAR® ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid 2.1 Quarts 2.0 Liters

Last edited:

TytheBandit

Looks like its only 3 liters, and that's not enough .

should have been at least 7 for the trans and t-case.

Automatic
NAG 1 - Service Fill MOPAR[emoji768] ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid 5.3 Quarts 5.0 Liters

[emoji815] NAG 1 - Overhaul Fill MOPAR[emoji768] ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid 8.1 Quarts 7.7 Liters

Manual
[emoji815][emoji815] NSG370 MOPAR Manual Transmission Lubricant meeting the requirements of FCA US Material Standard MS-9224. 1.6 Quarts 1.5 Liters

NV241 MOPAR[emoji768] ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid 2.1 Quarts 2.0 Liters

Damn. So safe to say they did the t case just not the automatic transmission then?

12-mile

Eddie has an amazing write up on each and every fluid change. Its incredibly simple. Save yourself some heartache and money next time and do it yourself. You’ll be glad you did.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
2011 JK
2015 Grand Cherokee ecodiesel

bmkrinne

Eddie has an amazing write up on each and every fluid change. Its incredibly simple. Save yourself some heartache and money next time and do it yourself. You’ll be glad you did.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
2011 JK
2015 Grand Cherokee ecodiesel

100% agree! $372 labor is a lot of beer! The fluid changes are so easy to do and gives you eyes on to adjust frequencies based on as-found conditions.

On the tranny fluid, you can use a vampire pump to suck out ~2.5 quarts thru the dipstick tube. Several bleed and feeds is about as good as dropping the pan except you don’t get the visual inspection or filter change. It’s at least a bridging strategy though.

TytheBandit

100% agree! $372 labor is a lot of beer! The fluid changes are so easy to do and gives you eyes on to adjust frequencies based on as-found conditions.

On the tranny fluid, you can use a vampire pump to suck out ~2.5 quarts thru the dipstick tube. Several bleed and feeds is about as good as dropping the pan except you don’t get the visual inspection or filter change. It’s at least a bridging strategy though.

Well looks like I’m mad enough to try it on my own. Engine and diffs are easy enough why not do the tranny too! I’m headed to the write up section, and amazon for the ATF +4!

Top Bottom