Adjustable in place control arms

GeoWillys

I know I have read about them on here somewhere but I cannot remember who made them. Also are there any downsides to the adjustable in place control arms?

A.J.

Synergy adjust on the vehicle. No real down side. Just have to re torque the pinch bolts a couple times in the first few thousand miles maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What they said ^^^ Both Synergy and EVO sell adjust on your Jeep control arms. Back in the day, EVO used to use double adjusters that required a spanner wrench and have since moved over to a standard hex design - and, thank god! Even with a generous amount of anti-seize, the double adjusters can get difficult to adjust and it really helps to have something you can really torque on.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What they said ^^^ Both Synergy and EVO sell adjust on your Jeep control arms. Back in the day, EVO used to use double adjusters that required a spanner wrench and have since moved over to a standard hex design - and, thank god! Even with a generous amount of anti-seize, the double adjusters can get difficult to adjust and it really helps to have something you can really torque on.

Especially when the splines are stretched. :crazyeyes:

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

GeoWillys

Awesome, thanks for the replies. I am at around 4" on my lift. When i install my new control arms will I still meed to replace the factory rear driveshaft? I have already swapped the front out with an Adams.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome, thanks for the replies. I am at around 4" on my lift. When i install my new control arms will I still meed to replace the factory rear driveshaft? I have already swapped the front out with an Adams.

4" of lift on a 2-door? It's just a matter of time before your CV boot splits and spits out all the grease inside of it. If anything, I would have replaced it before the front shaft.

Exodus 4x4

Unfortunately EVO stopped doing that on the JL kits. I thought it was just on the short kits but apparently they stopped on the long arm kits as well. JK’s are still adjustable in place. Synergy is still adjustable in place on both models.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
^^^this

Odds are, the length won’t be exact. It’s better to wait and measure

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom