Muffler Delete 2.0T

robx251

Caught the Bug
I know that Eddie has a video of him putting the Dynomax Muffler delete kit on Jet Li, but I'm wondering if anyone has done the delete with a 2.0T and how the sound was? I know the kit is listed only for the 3.6 on their website but was also thinking it should work on the 2.0T. I know that the kit isn't that expensive but don't really feel like wasting the money if it isn't worth doing or able to be done.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
I know that Eddie has a video of him putting the Dynomax Muffler delete kit on Jet Li, but I'm wondering if anyone has done the delete with a 2.0T and how the sound was? I know the kit is listed only for the 3.6 on their website but was also thinking it should work on the 2.0T. I know that the kit isn't that expensive but don't really feel like wasting the money if it isn't worth doing or able to be done.

Really...why would you think this?

If you put something on your Jeep that is not made for your 2.0L, and it causes some type of problem...your warranty is void. There is a reason it is for 3.6 and NOT 2.0L

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I highly doubt that the kit for the 3.6 is going to be the same for the 2.0t. Mounting locations for the hangers maybe different, exhaust routing, etc.

Really...why would you think this?

If you put something on your Jeep that is not made for your 2.0L, and it causes some type of problem...your warranty is void. There is a reason it is for 3.6 and NOT 2.0L

You think just because something is “made for it” it DOESNT void warranties? Dude if you touch any part of your Jeep it can be in question. Hell, The mopar accessories you buy and get AT the dealer void your warranties.

OP, depending on if the exhaust tubing size is the same I’m sure it could be made to work. Can’t say for certain as I’m not familiar with that one. Also not sure on the sound straight piping 4 cylinders normally sounds a little 90s Honda Civic to me, not sure if anyone’s tried it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
You think just because something is “made for it” it DOESNT void warranties? Dude if you touch any part of your Jeep it can be in question. Hell, The mopar accessories you buy and get AT the dealer void your warranties. OP,

:rolleyes2: 'Dude'...stick to the snowboarding.

Alright expert, Prove me wrong then.

I’ve got friends that ran the mopar performance Intake with high flow filter, guess what happened when their engine went? Wasn’t covered because it had a modified intake.
Bigger tires? More stress to the trans, not covered.
Do some research if you think any manufacturer stands by their warranty on modifications.

Back to the point here, there’s no difference in a piece of exhaust tubing that would ‘void warranties’ just because it said it was for the other engine.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Aren't muffler kits tuned & tested to give the best tone and back pressure with the engine it's match up to? If you can mount it... you like the sound and it runs good... go for it. You could also send Dynomax an email...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

My silver Jeep had the warranty voided on the motor due to aftermarket air intake that was a mopar performance part and installed by the dealer. Please explain your logic as I’m sure you have zero experience in the matter.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
And if I had to guess, Dynomax hasn’t had a 2.0 to test a kit on. I’m sure it’s the same.

Aren't muffler kits tuned & tested to give the best tone and back pressure with the engine it's match up to? If you can mount it... you like the sound and it runs good... go for it. You could also send Dynomax an email...

Yes and no.
For the most part aftermarket exhausts use a generic design high flow muffler, depending on design and packing material give them their distinct sounds. If you notice Borlas always sound similar. Magnaflow always sound similar etc. Then they make that muffler in different shapes and lengths for fitment needs. There is a difference in design for 4,6,8 cylinder as the need for volume of gases going through differ so it doesn’t create a bottleneck. But you can put a larger rated muffler on a smaller engine with no issue. That’s just the muffler side as most aftermarket kits come as cat back systems which is where they’re customized to fit specific vehicles to be a direct replacement with hangers and resonator which kills the in vehicle drone sound.
High end systems are dyno tuned and designed for sports cars that do optimize back pressure and flow including a performance tune for the ecu.

In this particular example he has a turbocharged engine so optimally he wants zero back pressure from exhaust from a performance perspective as you want the turbo to spool fast and free. Turbo will also muffle a lot of the combustion sound to begin with which changes the exhaust note so straight piping and deleting muffler will still have a tamer sound then a naturally aspirated engine.

Last edited:

Whitarmy

Aren't muffler kits tuned & tested to give the best tone and back pressure with the engine it's match up to?

I was thinking the same thing. I’m by no means an engine expert but I could have sworn diesels require a different back pressure than a gas engine to get the most out of the engine.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
My silver Jeep had the warranty voided on the motor due to aftermarket air intake that was a mopar performance part and installed by the dealer. Please explain your logic as I’m sure you have zero experience in the matter.

If you people would actually read...my comment was about his Mopar parts comment. Not outside of Mopar. Dealers will install Mopar parts including lifts, lights, etc and it is covered under factory warranty. If you purchase new vehicle, and have Mopar lift installed by dealer before you take it home...it is full 3 years 36k mile warranty. If you drive home and shedule this work, it is 12mos 12k miles. Check for yourselves.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If you people would actually read...my comment was about his Mopar parts comment. Not outside of Mopar. Dealers will install Mopar parts including lifts, lights, etc and it is covered under factory warranty. If you purchase new vehicle, and have Mopar lift installed by dealer before you take it home...it is full 3 years 36k mile warranty. If you drive home and shedule this work, it is 12mos 12k miles. Check for yourselves.

You are 100% wrong. The factory warranty covers the Jeep as it left from the factory floor. Nothing more. An individual dealer may cover Mopar performance parts that the dealer installs, but Jeep has no obligation to cover them or any OEM parts damaged by them.

Edit: The quote below is from Page 59 of the Mopar Performance Parts catalog, in case you still need proof.

https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/performance-catalogs/JeepPerformancePartsCatalog.pdf

“Implied warranties, such as warranties of merchantability, are excluded. (An implied warranty of merchantability means that the part is reasonably fit for the general purpose for which it was sold.) The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep[emoji768] and Ram vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition. The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle’s warranty. However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle’s warranty, and any failure that they may cause is not covered by the vehicle’s warranty.”

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You are 100% wrong. The factory warranty covers the Jeep as it left from the factory floor. Nothing more. An individual dealer may cover Mopar performance parts that the dealer installs, but Jeep has no obligation to cover them or any OEM parts damaged by them.

Yup, sad but oh so true. An individual dealer "may" cover Mopar performance parts that the dealer installs. ALL warranty claims are ultimately up to individual dealerships, whether or not to honor them.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug

Edit: The quote below is from Page 59 of the Mopar Performance Parts catalog, in case you still need proof.

https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/performance-catalogs/JeepPerformancePartsCatalog.pdf

“Implied warranties, such as warranties of merchantability, are excluded. (An implied warranty of merchantability means that the part is reasonably fit for the general purpose for which it was sold.) The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep[emoji768] and Ram vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition. The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle’s warranty. However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle’s warranty, and any failure that they may cause is not covered by the vehicle’s warranty.”

Thank you for enlightening me. :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

And if you would read I said it was installed by the dealer, was mopar part and was brand new. You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Top Bottom