The age old heater questions

JKEmmy

Alright I'm sure there's a thread..... Sorry...... Heat hotter on passenger side. I changed my radiator yesterday. I did bleed the system and got the air out. I've done a little research and never found a definitive answer. Some say heater box warped some say flush the heater core or blend door... Then someone said there is no blend door in the 15 jks ... What? So if anyone has a.... Hey I did this with the exact problem and that was it....I owe you a beer haha. Thanks guys and gals!

BaddestCross

Alright I'm sure there's a thread..... Sorry...... Heat hotter on passenger side. I changed my radiator yesterday. I did bleed the system and got the air out. I've done a little research and never found a definitive answer. Some say heater box warped some say flush the heater core or blend door... Then someone said there is no blend door in the 15 jks ... What? So if anyone has a.... Hey I did this with the exact problem and that was it....I owe you a beer haha. Thanks guys and gals!
Definitely should flush the core... Backflush first. When you're bleeding the air, be sure your heater is on full blast.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - I always thought it was just a JK thing. My 07 has always been like that. :crazyeyes:

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I’d also try back flushing the heater core....my experience is with my 13 Sport and that this is temporary at best. I ultimately had to replace the heater core. Have you inspected for any sediment in your overflow reservoir?

JKEmmy

I did, I cleaned out a ton of sludge in the over flow. I'll look at back flushing.

I’d also try back flushing the heater core....my experience is with my 13 Sport and that this is temporary at best. I ultimately had to replace the heater core. Have you inspected for any sediment in your overflow reservoir?

JKEmmy

I couldn't tell but either way I think I'm ok, I changed the radiator and had the system flushed not long ago, I would like to flush the heater core to make sure there's no sludge in it or casting sand. I got rid of all the Mopar coolant after needing coolant in a bind and not able to use what was available. Now I just run the easy to find prestone.

Sludge or sand?
If you’ve got sludge I’d be worried you’ve got mixed coolants which can lead to very mad things.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

G-mansjk

It's common for the passenger side vents to be hotter because they are closer to the heater core and have less ducting absorbing heat. I don't know about the later model jks not having a blend door, but I assume that's bs. the blend door is what causes the air going to the cabin to pass over the core for heat or bypass it if for a/c or blend both for warm air as the name states.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom