Dirty Life 9303 DT-1

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Anyone running this wheel from Dirty Life? I may pull the trigger on it because it’s a dual purpose wheel. They can be a street wheel or a beadlock. Kind of like the Mopar wheel. IMG_3156.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm running the DT-2's on my Crystal Granite Jeep. You can see pics in my build thread for that Jeep, including how I painted the rings and bolts. I'm not sure what the difference is between the 1's and 2's, except maybe just that the 2's come with the plastic street ring and the 1's come with the metal bead lock ring.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I'm running the DT-2's on my Crystal Granite Jeep. You can see pics in my build thread for that Jeep, including how I painted the rings and bolts. I'm not sure what the difference is between the 1's and 2's, except maybe just that the 2's come with the plastic street ring and the 1's come with the metal bead lock ring.

I’m assuming you like them since you bought them. How’s the quality?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So far so good, but I’ve only had them for a short time and only on the street. The plastic rings are not thick though and will get trashed off road. I thought they would be much thicker. If I was buying again, I’d get the metal rings.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
So far so good, but I’ve only had them for a short time and only on the street. The plastic rings are not thick though and will get trashed off road. I thought they would be much thicker. If was was buying again, I’d get the metal rings.

Do you mean the rash rings? They’re metal?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Do you mean the rash rings? They’re metal?

The simulated beadlock ring that comes with the DT2 is made out of plastic.

Edit: the removable red rings in this picture are plastic, not metal. The metal rings, which can be used as a true bead lock if that is where you seat the tire on the wheel, are something like an extra $100 per ring.

IMG_5465.jpg

Last edited:

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
The simulated beadlock ring that comes with the DT2 is made out of plastic.

Edit: the removable red rings in this picture are plastic, not metal. The metal rings, which can be used as a true bead lock if that is where you seat the tire on the wheel, are something like an extra $100 per ring.

View attachment 340473

Ok, got it. By the way, the beadlock rings are $200 a piece. And did you paint those rings?

Discount Tire

The Dirty Life Dual-Tek wheels are pretty neat!

Every DT wheel model comes standard with the simulated bead lock ring, which is a polymer type material. Forged bead lock rings are available separately.

As for the DT-1 and DT-2, this is in regards to the applicable rash guard (see images below) which are also available separately. I'll add that the rash guards are made of the same polymer material as the simulated bead lock ring.

DT-1
9303-2090-Rash-Ring-Matte-Black.png

DT-2

9304-2090-Rash-Ring-Matte-Black.png

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The Dirty Life Dual-Tek wheels are pretty neat!

Every DT wheel model comes standard with the simulated bead lock ring, which is a polymer type material. Forged bead lock rings are available separately.

As for the DT-1 and DT-2, this is in regards to the applicable rash guard (see images below) which are also available separately. I'll add that the rash guards are made of the same polymer material as the simulated bead lock ring.

Good to know, thank you. :thumb: Can the forged bead lock ring be used with the tire on the standard beads (non-bead lock beads)? Or, do you have to switch back and forth between the polymer simulated bead lock ring and the forged bead lock ring depending on where you seat the tire?

I'm curious because if/when my polymer rings get trashed, I may just switch to the forged rings even though I'm running the tires seated in both wheel beads.

Discount Tire

Good to know, thank you. :thumb: Can the forged bead lock ring be used with the tire on the standard beads (non-bead lock beads)? Or, do you have to switch back and forth between the polymer simulated bead lock ring and the forged bead lock ring depending on where you seat the tire?

I'm curious because if/when my polymer rings get trashed, I may just switch to the forged rings even though I'm running the tires seated in both wheel beads.

Let me check with Dirty Life on that as I'm not 100% sure, but my guess would be that you could. One thing to consider though is if you do that you will have a decently sized gap between the inside of the bead lock ring to the outside rim flange. The bead lock ring does not contour inwards towards the rim flange like the simulated ring does.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Let me check with Dirty Life on that as I'm not 100% sure, but my guess would be that you could. One thing to consider though is if you do that you will have a decently sized gap between the inside of the bead lock ring to the outside rim flange. The bead lock ring does not contour inwards towards the rim flange like the simulated ring does.

Thanks for the info. Question tho, how durable are the polymer rings? Will they hold up to rock rash?

Discount Tire

-UPDATE-

I spoke with DL about running the forged ring while the tire is fixed in the street configuration, and they said there wouldn't be an issue with that. They rep did raise the same consideration that there will be a decent size gap between the rim flange and back side of the bead lock ring.

Thanks for the info. Question tho, how durable are the polymer rings? Will they hold up to rock rash?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app[/QUOTE]

The rash rings are made of polymer that's similar to cutting board material and in our experience, it's very durable.

The material may gouge some when scraped on rocks but shouldn't shatter unless there is a major direct hit to the ring.

Last edited:

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
-UPDATE_

I spoke with DL about running the forged ring while the tire is fixed in the street configuration, and they said there wouldn't be an issue with that. They rep did raise the same consideration that there will be a decent size gap between the rim flange and back side of the bead lock ring.

The rash rings are made of polymer that's similar to cutting board material and in our experience, it's very durable.

The material may gouge some when scraped on rocks but shouldn't shatter unless there is a major direct hit to the ring.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I’ll be in touch when I’m ready to pull the trigger on something.

Top Bottom