Secondary deflation valves

POOJEEP

Are there any aftermarket quick deflation valves out there like the teraflex nomad wheels use? Not looking for screw on top of valve stem types, looking for a style that is drill a hole in a rim with some type of compression seal and then a turn to open valve.

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

POOJEEP

Because I like to add unnecessary things lol but really because I got to play with the nomads in person the other day and those deflators were a nice addition. And I have some beadlocks that don't have tires yet, so figured drill a hole and add some.

Brute

Hooked
Because I like to add unnecessary things lol but really because I got to play with the nomads in person the other day and those deflators were a nice addition. And I have some beadlocks that don't have tires yet, so figured drill a hole and add some.

It would be just another possible leak getting ready to develop...

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
These work pretty well, but it's a one-time use.
View attachment 340543

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I’m crying with laughter!

I use the screw on deflators that cost me ~$20 and they have worked perfectly for the past 8 years. All I had to do was set them once which took about an hour. The other benefit is that I can them for any tires that I want to quickly drop the pressure to 14 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seahawkfan

Hooked
When I was mounting my Machetes which have 2 valve stem holes I was looking for the same thing. I would assume the second hole was placed for a purpose. And not just for another valve stem?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Not that I agree with doing it but you could use the Monster valves. In my opinion there’s not enough benefit to justify the work and having another possible leak location or area to be damaged. It may get you aired down a minute or two faster? You’ll likely have to wait for the rest of the group anyways. But to each their own.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Unless you are using CO2 to air up, it’s not really worth it. The power tank monster valves work great, but they are overkill for simply airing down. The purpose of them is to air up faster, because standard size schrader valves are restrictive when used with CO2.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would look at monster valves. They allow for more air flow when deflating and inflating

dillard09

Check out the mini monster valves. They are only for deflating the tire. I have them in my Machetes. I just plug in my gauge in one if the valve stems and then just give them a twist and they air down in seconds.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Check out the mini monster valves. They are only for deflating the tire. I have them in my Machetes. I just plug in my gauge in one if the valve stems and then just give them a twist and they air down in seconds.

I didn’t know that was a thing. That’d come in handy. So far though I’m pretty happy with the Staun deflated I use though. Just thread them on and forget about it until they are done.

dillard09

I didn’t know that was a thing. That’d come in handy. So far though I’m pretty happy with the Staun deflated I use though. Just thread them on and forget about it until they are done.

I had some of the Stauns but have stopped using them. I had one go completely flat once. It happen to be on the JKX. Put them in and went to drivers meeting, came back and the tire had like 3#s. Was rushing to try and air it back up before rolling out. Havent used them since then.
I'll snap a pic of them when I get back home. Bubba at Exodus Jeeps put them in for me.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I had some of the Stauns but have stopped using them. I had one go completely flat once. It happen to be on the JKX. Put them in and went to drivers meeting, came back and the tire had like 3#s. Was rushing to try and air it back up before rolling out. Havent used them since then.
I'll snap a pic of them when I get back home. Bubba at Exodus Jeeps put them in for me.

I can see how that would suck, especially when wheeling with a group.

jesse3638

Hooked
Not that I agree with doing it but you could use the Monster valves. In my opinion there’s not enough benefit to justify the work and having another possible leak location or area to be damaged. It may get you aired down a minute or two faster? You’ll likely have to wait for the rest of the group anyways. But to each their own.

This would be my thought. Realistically what's another few mins airing down and airing up. I suppose maybe if you needed to roll out quickly in an emergency when you wouldn't have to or want to wait for others in your group. The older I've gotten the more patience I have for the small things in life.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom