Options for circular tail lights in armor?

Braxtonsag

I have a set of crusher corners on the way and assumed the basically trailer lights theyre advertised with were included in the price. I realized today they’re in fact not included and at $200 for the kit I think I’m gonna pass on those. Other than trail tails and literally running trailer lights, what if any other options are there?

Right now really just considering the trail tail and a plug in the reverse light hole.

I used 4.5” flush mount led trailer lights on last build looked great never had a issue. $30.
Guessing jk might need a resistor or something for leds

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
The set that EVO sells with their corners are LED Truck Lites with a harness they make up. They work fine but the resistor is too small and gets really hot. Hot enough to melt the solder so that they fall off. If you do use theirs better off to put a larger resistor in the harness before you even install it. But if I was doing mine over I'd probably go with these from ORO. They are $200 but they have an integrated reverse light.

https://offroadonly.com/shop/led-lighting/off-road-only-litedot-round-redwhite-tailight-pair-2/

fiend

Caught the Bug
I just did this. You can get generic lights off Amazon that are inexpensive.

I used these for back up lights. Partsam 2Pcs 2.5 Inch Round White... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TW3D82H?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I used these for tail lights. Aduro Phone Neck Holder,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5J23Z6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

You do need resisters for the tail lights. I don’t remember where I got them. They were cheap. They do get hot enough to melt plastic housing on wire, so you need to be careful to keep them away from anything meltable or flammable.

I just tapped into the stock wiring, which worked but was a bit of a hassle. I think poison spyder might offer an adapter, which adds cost but saves work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
I used the the EVO lights and they’ve been good. They have quite a few LEDs in them and you definitely need bigger resistors. I upgraded my resistors to some big sylvania ones I found at Walmart after one melted the solder twice then burnt out.

Braxtonsag

Are the OROs better than max bilt? Everything Iv seen (which isn’t a lot) says the oros burn out fast and that max bilt trail tails were better. Part of me wants to go budget since I still have a shit ton of other things to buy this month, but damn those expensive ones just look so nice

Exodus 4x4

Are the OROs better than max bilt? Everything Iv seen (which isn’t a lot) says the oros burn out fast and that max bilt trail tails were better. Part of me wants to go budget since I still have a shit ton of other things to buy this month, but damn those expensive ones just look so nice

Probably the other way around. ORO’s are made in ‘Merica and are the original design. From what I’ve been told they ripped off the ORO design and are made overseas. I’ve been running them for a long time and none of the sets I’ve installed on customers Jeeps have had issues.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I had the Maxxima on my JK with Evo Mfg corners. They worked great and are cheap.

Braxtonsag

Probably the other way around. ORO’s are made in ‘Merica and are the original design. From what I’ve been told they ripped off the ORO design and are made overseas. I’ve been running them for a long time and none of the sets I’ve installed on customers Jeeps have had issues.

Now do these install like the max bilt? I’m not seeing a bracket on the ORO website. I can find tons of info on installing them into older jeeps but nothing on installing them into poison spyder armor lol.

Top Bottom