Auto wipers and engine dies

Swanson121

Hey everyone,

The weirdest issue I think I've ever had with a vehicle is happening. My 12 JKU Sahara's wipers start going by themselves. The stalk doesn't do anything. If I do use the "mist" on the stalk it'll stop them in place. Then let off and they go crazy again. The kicker is, when i do get them to stop the engine starts missing and eventually dies. I turn the key off and wait about 10 seconds and it starts right up. The wipers will cycle about 2 times and then they stay off. I've heard of the wipers coming on automatically before. But haven't read anything about the engine acting up. Any thoughts?

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Hey everyone,

The weirdest issue I think I've ever had with a vehicle is happening. My 12 JKU Sahara's wipers start going by themselves. The stalk doesn't do anything. If I do use the "mist" on the stalk it'll stop them in place. Then let off and they go crazy again. The kicker is, when i do get them to stop the engine starts missing and eventually dies. I turn the key off and wait about 10 seconds and it starts right up. The wipers will cycle about 2 times and then they stay off. I've heard of the wipers coming on automatically before. But haven't read anything about the engine acting up. Any thoughts?

You have a bad ground somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to the failing electrical system of the Jeep jk.
Likely culprits you can research Clockspring
TIPM

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Likely TIPM, but double check the ground to the battery is clean and SOLID. a bad ground wreaks havoc on the TIPM system...

Top Bottom