Re-calibrating ARB Fridge If Display Is Not Reading The Correct Temperature

WJCO

Meme King
Since this came up yesterday, I figured I'd post this here as I know many here have the ARB fridge. If your fridge is reading the incorrect temperature, it can be easily re-calibrated or adjusted. It only takes about a minute.

So currently with no calibration, the interior items in my fridge are at about 30 degrees Fahrenheit (give or take depending on the accuracy of the thermometer used), but the temperature on the display reads 23 degrees Fahrenheit.

DSC06794.JPG

To make the display read more accurately, hold the two PLUS and MINUS buttons down for about 3-4 seconds until the display starts to flash.

DSC06790.jpg

If there is no calibration done, it will flash A0 several times.

DSC06791.jpg

While it is still flashing, press either the PLUS button or the MINUS button depending on which direction you want the display to go. If you want the display to read warmer, then press the PLUS button. If you want the display to read cooler, then press the MINUS button.

In my case, I pressed the PLUS button several times until it read A8 (meaning display screen will display a number 8 degrees warmer than what it previously had).

DSC06792.jpg

The new setting (A8 in my case) will flash a few times and then your display will go back to showing the new temperature reading.

DSC06793.jpg

I also always leave bottled water in my fridge to tangibly test whether or not something will actually freeze and turn into ice.

JJ151

Thanks for the write up. I plan to check my fridge as it always seemed as though I had to set the display lower than the inside temp actually reflected.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Nice write up - gonna have to try that with my Costway fridge. Hope it adjusts the same way

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I bought a small RV fridge thermometer from an RV store that hangs on the metal grate in the fridge. It gives me a real time indication of temp.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks for posting that up, I’ll recalibrate mine tonight. Like yours, I have it set at 23 to keep everything cold, but not frozen.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jeeeep

Hooked
FYI, when ARB sent me calibration instructions they also indicated the area of the drain plug is where the temperature reading should be taken for calibration.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
FYI, when ARB sent me calibration instructions they also indicated the area of the drain plug is where the temperature reading should be taken for calibration.

Yep, that is the area that gets the coldest. I learned that the hard way by freezing a bunch of drinks.

I bought a small RV fridge thermometer from an RV store that hangs on the metal grate in the fridge. It gives me a real time indication of temp.

Same[emoji106]

Thanks for the write Doug. And I alway keep a bottle or three of water at the bottom also to check on freeze temps.

Top Bottom