315 Duratrac's

Jimc65

Hey guys I'm new here I buying a 2020 JL today. I will be putting a 2.5 lift on it at the dealer and I want to put 315/70r17 Duratrac's on it. Will I have any issues with rubbing or have to do anything else ?
Or is it best to go 285/70r17 duratrac
Thanks. Jim

Last edited:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Hey guys I'm new here I buying a 2020 JL today. I will be putting a 2.5 lift on it at the dealer and I want to put 215/70r17 Duratrac's on it. Will I have any issues with rubbing or have to do anything else ?
Thanks. Jim

215/70-17 on a 2.5” lifted JL?
This is the outcome of that look.
Only rubbing issues would be a rub of shame.
94F3A403-4F31-4A5D-A501-2BDDB3FAE5C4-3318-00000272AAE718C7.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have those exact tires on two JKUR's, both with 2.75" of lift (one with flat fenders, one with stock). I can't imagine you would have any issues on a JL...particularly if it is a Rubicon with the high line fenders.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Hey guys I'm new here I buying a 2020 JL today. I will be putting a 2.5 lift on it at the dealer and I want to put 315/70r17 Duratrac's on it. Will I have any issues with rubbing or have to do anything else ?
Thanks. Jim

Go the 315 or you'll regret it. I just put those exact tires on my Sport JT with NO lift and they fit fine with no rubbing. They've been on for over a week or so now. Granted I did add aftermarket rims with different backspacing. Are you re-using the factory rims?

Jimc65

Go the 315 or you'll regret it. I just put those exact tires on my Sport JT with NO lift and they fit fine with no rubbing. They've been on for over a week or so now. Granted I did add aftermarket rims with different backspacing. Are you re-using the factory rims?
I was thinking of getting aftermarket rims also what would be a good back spacing for the JL with these tires?

WJCO

Meme King
I was thinking of getting aftermarket rims also what would be a good back spacing for the JL with these tires?

I went with some JK rims I already had and I think they were 4.5 or 4.75 backspace. Hopefully Discount Tire here on the forum will see your post because I bet they know for sure what would be best for your application.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I was running 35s on fuel rims with 4.5” of backspace on my JLU (and now my Gladiator) with no rubbing whatsoever. If you do go aftermarket rims, make sure your factory lugnuts fit. I had to purchase narrower lugs to fit the holes on the new rims.

Discount Tire

Thank you for the referral WJCO!

As mentioned, 4.5-inches to 4.75-inches works in most instances for JL. 4.5-inch is common with JK, but the JL has slightly wider axles when compared to JK, so 4.75-inch seems to be ticket.

It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish though. An example would be the want to have the tires and wheels tucked within the fender. To do this, you would want the backspace a little higher, somewhere withing the 5.25-inch area.

Top Bottom