Lunchbox locker for d30

Is it your daily driver or a toy? I wouldn't lunchbox the front on a daily, you want a selectable one. As far as the different brands, they all work pretty much exactly the same so I'd go with whatever is on sale.

Do some research on how the lunchbox works and affects steering. If you ever plan to use 4x4 on a road I wouldn't do it. Work great in the rear though.

dunstan74

I've got front and rear lunch box lockers in my TJ. They have been great over the two years I've had them, but my TJ is a toy so very little street miles.

They are manageable on the street but far from ideal, in a daily driver I would run selectable.

Sent from my SM-G975F using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
I have them front and rear in my cj5. Not very good on the street. Had the rear one first. It does a little shimmy in the rear when i shift from 2nd to 3rd. It likes to lurch back and forth when taking a low speed corner. On the the trail they are great. Im only running 33s so i dont think they will get to stressed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

nujeeper

I have a Spartan on the rear and have wanted to install one on the front.
you can tell the difference when backing up and trying to turn.

Lank

Also keep in mind that lunch box lockers have a biggest recommended tire size. I see OP is running 33s which is usually the limit on the D30 variants. If you ever want to go bigger, you may risk breakage

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bertdog

I’m not a hard core wheeler. Probably won’t go bigger than 33’s unless I re-gear to 4.88 and that’s pretty expensive. Just looking for budget mods to keep up on the trail.
Is Detroit trutrac any good?
I’m looking at these only cuz selectable lockers are pretty expensive. But if selectable is the way to go for a DD then I guess I will save my clams for a bit. I appreciate all of your input.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lockers are far from a budget mod. Let’s back up a minute though, what are you currently running and how do you use the Jeep on and off the road.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

dunstan74

I’m not a hard core wheeler. Probably won’t go bigger than 33’s unless I re-gear to 4.88 and that’s pretty expensive. Just looking for budget mods to keep up on the trail.
Is Detroit trutrac any good?
I’m looking at these only cuz selectable lockers are pretty expensive. But if selectable is the way to go for a DD then I guess I will save my clams for a bit. I appreciate all of your input.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
A couple of hundred dollars spent on a front lunch box locker will definitely help you keep up on the trail and should survive just fine if 33s are the biggest you'll run.

Sent from my SM-G975F using WAYALIFE mobile app

timmymikos

Lock Right

I have a truetrac in the rear on mine and I like it a lot, in no hurry at all to swap to a selectable

Just going to add my 2 cents, ordered a MONKEY GRIP locker from Amazon for my 2008 JK.. They sent me a Lock Right!!!!!! I pulled the carrier to install, used the shims that came out of the D30, was a little tighter than spec, but didnt have to force anything.... In 2 wheel drive, you cant even tell its in there, no clicking or banging--- took it on a few light trails, and perfectly quiet, steering wheel fights a little in 4 wheel drive when turning, but very happy with it
hope this helps???

Top Bottom