Steer Smart VS Synergy Adjustable front track bar

TheGrendel

Steer smarts got in the game with some really good marketing. There's plenty of better stuff out there including Synergy. Core 4x4.

I also happened to really like the stuff Clayton Off Road is putting out. Great pricing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to agree with what's been said. SteerSmarts is way full of themselves and I don't care for them just for that. Of course, while their stuff "looks" beefy, a component is only as strong as its weakest link. I have personally seen their tiny tie-rod end stud break and if that weren't bad enough, it costs about $200 for a replacement tie-rod end. Synergy has proven to me to be exceptionally strong and replacement tie-rod ends only cost about $35. As far as track bars go, I have found the dual durometer bushings that Synergy uses to be really nice.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I have the SS HD track bar which I got before I joined the forum. It is beefy and very heavy . Has held up fine with the exception of the frame side bushing which was shot after 15k miles on 35s and 37s . New bushings were $40 but I did need to get them pressed in at a local shop .

A big negative for me is that the bar is oversized and won’t work with certain other components like the synergy track bar reinforcement bracket . I haven’t had any contact issues but have heard of others with issues too.

The synergy stuff I have (including tie rod) has been quality . If I did it all over again would be synergy no question .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spazbyt

Hooked
I have no personal experience with any steer smart products but that "steering attenuator" is jeep snake oil. If they want to make useless products that nobody asked for then that's their business but to state that it "makes the jeep safer"... :thinking:

Brute

Hooked
Synergy makes quality products...I have their tie rods and track bars on two jeeps, and their track bar/sector shaft braces on three jeeps...no complaints.

jdofmemi

As others said, Synergy is a much better choice.

I had Steer Smarts on my JK. It was there when I bought it. Replacement tie rod ends are $200, and because of the design, you can ONLY use their special one.
Mine lasted less than a year.

deezus

In my opinion I'd rather go with something lightweight if you're running stock and like 37s, reason: I'd rather be adjusting my drag link/setting my toe on my Jeep then worrying about that energy being transferred to something like oh say the knuckle or something else.
That being said a few of my buddies have the whole set up with steer smarts on their JL and JK reason because the JL doesn't really have too much other than synergy to be honest with you. Everything on Steer Smart is so big and bulky including the clamp adjusters which turns out to be some kind of a hellraiser puzzle on which way to turn them so they don't hit anything while flexing. I would pass on that stuff That's just my opinion though from seeing it installed on about six different Jeeps now. I won't go to any one ton stuff until I have one ton axles. I'd rather adjust my drag link when I get off the trail because chances are, at least for the way I drive, I'm going to knock my steering off when I go to the Rubicon.
What I'm running now is the synergy tie rod and the stock drag link. I was running the synergy drag link ,but for me It was very difficult to adjust, now that's just me other people can turn a wrench a lot better than me for sure but that's just my opinion it was still sturdy and strong but I just took it off and went back to stock and it works fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom