Ball Joints

sph801

Went to my dealer for an oil change at 47000 miles and was told I needed upper and lower ball joints and a tie rod. They were going to charge about $2200 for parts and labor. I have 35's with 4 1/2" backspacing but have only had those on for about a year and a half. Seems kind of soon to me.... Anyway I changed the ball joints and tie rod myself. Used Teraflex ball joints. Hopefully a good choice cause I really don't want to do this again! Paid under $400 for parts so it was worth it. Not sure I have a point to this thread but if anyone wants to chime in I'm interested in hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you thought the factory ones didn’t last long, wait until you see the terashit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bmkrinne

Had a discussion with the local Offroad shop and he said they’ve installed over 100 sets of terraflex BJs over the last 6 years and haven’t had one come back. Truth....or dare? IDK....

WJCO

Meme King
Had a discussion with the local Offroad shop and he said they’ve installed over 100 sets of terraflex BJs over the last 6 years and haven’t had one come back. Truth....or dare? IDK....

Hard to drive back without knuckles fastened to the axle housing.

MericaMade

Went to my dealer for an oil change at 47000 miles and was told I needed upper and lower ball joints and a tie rod. They were going to charge about $2200 for parts and labor. I have 35's with 4 1/2" backspacing but have only had those on for about a year and a half. Seems kind of soon to me.... Anyway I changed the ball joints and tie rod myself. Used Teraflex ball joints. Hopefully a good choice cause I really don't want to do this again! Paid under $400 for parts so it was worth it. Not sure I have a point to this thread but if anyone wants to chime in I'm interested in hearing.

Not a good choice with Terrorfelx but glad you didn't pay that stealership price.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

sph801

Is all the negativity based on experience or just regurgitating things heard? I knew a guy...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is all the negativity based on experience or just regurgitating things heard? I knew a guy...

The following is posted up in the link that WJCO included but to save you the trouble of finding it.

The following thread is in regards to TeraFlex tire carrier breaks they have. I saw this happen in person and TeraFlex blamed my friend for not installing it correctly and also accused him of damaging it while wheeling. They conveniently keep this potentially life threatening problem quite rather than issuing a recall like they should have.
attachment.php

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break

The following is a thread highlighting the TeraFlex long arm bracket breaks I've seen. The pics you see are of Dennis' JK after his long arm bracket broke. Guess it was install error like it always is.
attachment.php

attachment.php

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4743-TeraFlex-Long-Arm-Bracket-Break

The following thread is in regards to the TeraFlex track bar breaks I've seen. They conveniently keep this potentially life threatening problem quite rather than issuing a recall like they should have.
main.php

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?5169-TeraFlex-Front-Track-Bar-Breaks

I could go on and on about their rocker guards getting smashed in and TeraFlex blaming their customers for "wheeling too hard" or their bushings blowing out after one run - I simply can't make this shit up.

Top Bottom