Battery suggestions

dustinfromohio

Need a new battery for the TJ. Seems like the Odyssey Extreme is the most recommended on the forum and Summit Racing has them locally for $295 (850 cca/4 year warranty) Another local vendor we use at work carries the East Penn/Deka brands and says he carries a similar style battery for $165 (780 cca/30 month warranty). I have no doubt that the odyssey is probably better but do I need it for my application considering the price difference? I have factory lighting and a warn VR EVO 12k winch. The Jeep does sit for long periods on a tender as it’s not my daily.

jesse3638

Hooked
I replaced mine a few years ago with an Interstate battery from Costco. While it's not a deep cycle or AGM battery it is 760 CCA with either a 40 or 48 month (can't remember) full replacement warranty. Plus it cost $89 plus tax after a $15 core. Sounds like it may be what you need considering your jeep isn't your DD and you don't have a ton of accessories. Mine usually sits for awhile between starts too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

You run your winch primarily off your alternator not your battery. I've had no issues running Advance Auto batteries for many years, use their online ordering with a discount code and they are quite affordable. Until you start adding accessories that will deplete your battery I wouldn't worry about getting a deep cycle. Either way stay away from optima, overpriced garbage for years since they were bought out, barely make it to warranty period.

Ddays

Hooked
Deka is a good battery. It does't carry a national brand name but nothing wrong with them.

SJCJK

Odyssey. Works great!

Just ordered the Odyssey 34R-PC1500T thru the WAYALIFE Amazon store. Excited for this great battery!

Is there anything I need to do to charge / maintain it, being an AGM?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
Just ordered the Odyssey 34R-PC1500T thru the WAYALIFE Amazon store. Excited for this great battery!

I bought the Odyssey OBC20-A to charge and maintain mine. After investing in two odyssey batteries, I wasn’t going to take any chances maintaining them.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

SJCJK

I bought the Odyssey OBC20-A to charge and maintain mine. After investing in two odyssey batteries, I wasn’t going to take any chances maintaining them.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I hear you.

Do you drive the Jeep regularly and charge/maintain also? Or only need to charge/maintain if not driving regularly?

thanks!

PokerStogey

I just installed 2 of those in my dual battery set-up about a month ago and plug into my Battery Tender everytime I hit the garage. From what I understand, it's always better to keep them maintained.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I hear you.

Do you drive the Jeep regularly and charge/maintain also? Or only need to charge/maintain if not driving regularly?

thanks!

Not much thru the winter now and hardly at all with the damn quarantine. Here how it sits when it’s not being used.

RenderedImage.jpg

My frig is always running in the Jeep and keeps everything topped off.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom