I Feel Like an Idiot

Jsouder53

Hooked
I know everyone makes mistakes, loses something, or just does something stupid. I figured we can start a thread on it and get a laugh out of it.

Today I was out skiing and locked my Jeep and put just the key (not my whole thing of keys) in my pocket and went out. Half way through the day I felt in my pocket and couldn’t find my key... oh shit. Started panicking and asking lift operators/ staff if anyone turned in a key. Later on I emptied all my pockets and found my key in a different pocket than I thought it was in [emoji23]

I can’t even make fun of you for that. My snowboarding jacket had pockets WITHIN the pockets. Pocket-inception.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I’ll keep the dumbass trend going. In the middle of a job I couldn’t find my drill, and was beginning to lose my shit about it because I literally had used it 2 minutes prior. After 5 minutes of wandering around looking at every corner ever shelf every conceivable place I could even reach. Yeah I was holding it. It was literally in my hand. In my defense I was a bit overworked.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I’ll keep the dumbass trend going. In the middle of a job I couldn’t find my drill, and was beginning to lose my shit about it because I literally had used it 2 minutes prior. After 5 minutes of wandering around looking at every corner ever shelf every conceivable place I could even reach. Yeah I was holding it. It was literally in my hand. In my defense I was a bit overworked.

I've done a similar thing when looking for my missing glasses......while wearing them

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I know everyone makes mistakes, loses something, or just does something stupid. I figured we can start a thread on it and get a laugh out of it.

Today I was out skiing and locked my Jeep and put just the key (not my whole thing of keys) in my pocket and went out. Half way through the day I felt in my pocket and couldn’t find my key... oh shit. Started panicking and asking lift operators/ staff if anyone turned in a key. Later on I emptied all my pockets and found my key in a different pocket than I thought it was in [emoji23]

I hate to say it, but stuff like this will only increase with age. To counter act it your OCD will increase ten fold.

For me:
- Did I latch the hood?
- Did I put oil in after draining?
- Did I torque the lug nuts?
- Is 90ft/lbs really enough?
And so on....

Your welcome...

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I've woken to my ice cream in my pantry. Another night brrad ended up in freezer. Funny yhing was i hadn't drank either of those nights. Just brain fart or preoccupation.

Noble Woodsman

A few years ago i was doing an oil change on halloween. I saw trick or treaters coming up the street, so i rushed to finish, pouring in the new oil so i could answer the door. After they left, i returned to the garage to find all six quarts of oil in a puddle on the floor. I forgot to replace the drain plug before adding the fresh oil.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I hate to say it, but stuff like this will only increase with age. To counter act it your OCD will increase ten fold.

For me:
- Did I latch the hood?
- Did I put oil in after draining?
- Did I torque the lug nuts?
- Is 90ft/lbs really enough?
And so on....

Your welcome...

Lol I have been on a roll of losing things this week, just my good water bottles though

I've woken to my ice cream in my pantry. Another night brrad ended up in freezer. Funny yhing was i hadn't drank either of those nights. Just brain fart or preoccupation.

A few years ago i was doing an oil change on halloween. I saw trick or treaters coming up the street, so i rushed to finish, pouring in the new oil so i could answer the door. After they left, i returned to the garage to find all six quarts of oil in a puddle on the floor. I forgot to replace the drain plug before adding the fresh oil.

I can tell this will be a good thread lol [emoji23]

Brute

Hooked
I hooked up my Xventure trailer to Brute, drove a couple hours to the Olympic Peninsula real early to get a primo campsite by the river, only to discover I left all the keys to the trailer locks on the back of the truck...probably fell off somewhere on the 5 within an hour after I left home.

Fortunately I didn't lock the front top of the trailer so I could access everything inside; when I got home, took a cutoff wheel to the rear padlock and drilled out the lock for the hitch pin so I could uncouple the trailer from the truck...

A.J.

Years ago I was doing gears and lockers in my 78 F150. Did it after work so well after midnight when I finished. Got it done though and carefully drove home from the shop so I could do break in over the weekend. At about 3:00am I sat straight up in bed from a dead sleep. My subconscious check list did not remember replacing the keepers for the carrier bearing preload adjusters in the rear Ford 9”. Carefully drove back down to the store and sure enough they were still sitting on the back of the bench where I left them. Probably would have been fine without them since the bearing caps really hold everything but I would have worried about it forever.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Years ago I was doing gears and lockers in my 78 F150. Did it after work so well after midnight when I finished. Got it done though and carefully drove home from the shop so I could do break in over the weekend. At about 3:00am I sat straight up in bed from a dead sleep. My subconscious check list did not remember replacing the keepers for the carrier bearing preload adjusters in the rear Ford 9”. Carefully drove back down to the store and sure enough they were still sitting on the back of the bench where I left them. Probably would have been fine without them since the bearing caps really hold everything but I would have worried about it forever.

I thought this was going to end with you having forgotten to add gear oil. Now that would have really sucked.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Didn’t tighten the filter cap down before starting the motor. Now my garage walls are moisturized.

60227422044__5617400F-0F37-4906-823E-1E78F5300317.jpg

Last time I mounted new tires on my beadlocks I set my torque wrench to 25 inch pounds instead of foot pounds. Luckily I caught it before I got working on the second one.

Top Bottom