Thank You Discount Tire!!!

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
After much searching for the right wheel, which is almost impossible to do. I decided on a set of Dirty Life DT-1 wheels. Huge thanks to Matt from Discount Tire for contacting me here on the forum and getting me the best price. Also, thanks to Don for making the transaction smooth and simple. Wheels were on the porch today and I can’t wait to get them mounted up.
Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
They look great. Are those the composite rings or the real bead lock rings?

So far the paint on my composites have held up well to daily driving and weather. I haven’t punished them in rocks yet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
They look great. Are those the composite rings or the real bead lock rings?

So far the paint on my composites have held up well to daily driving and weather. I haven’t punished them in rocks yet.

The composite simulated rings. I plan on painting them too. Maybe match the body color. Glad to hear yours are holding up. [emoji106]

Discount Tire

After much searching for the right wheel, which is almost impossible to do. I decided on a set of Dirty Life DT-1 wheels. Huge thanks to Matt from Discount Tire for contacting me here on the forum and getting me the best price. Also, thanks to Don for making the transaction smooth and simple. Wheels were on the porch today and I can’t wait to get them mounted up.
View attachment 341377

Thank you for the kind words MountainJK10. There is no better way to start the day than to open a new thread with an awesome shout out to Discount Tire. :thumb: Glad we were able to help with your new Dirty Life wheel upgrade.

We look forward to seeing photos of them installed on Monday. Thank you for your business.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Bad news on the wheels. When I got to the shop this morning, I asked the mechanic to check the fitment before he mounted the tires on the wheels. I only asked this because I have that massive Rock Krawler tie rod, with those huge forged ends on it. Sure enough the wheels didn’t even come close to fitting. They hit the tie rod end with about a half turn of the wheel. I figured this might happen so they tried a 1 ton aluminum tie rod they make in house. Nope, the wheel touched that one too. They want to try the teraflex hd tie rod. They think it would work because the teraflex ends are forged differently than others. 🤷🏻*♂️ My other option would be to go back to the stock tie rod. I guess my question is, which is the better option? Or, do I just try a different wheel that works better with my set up?

desertrunner

-12 offset with 4.5” backspace. If I do spacers that puts me at 3” of backspace. I think that’s too much.

I'm in the same boat with my wheels but my 37x13.5 Cooper's rubbed everything so while not ideal I'm sitting at 3" net backspace with spacers. Just thought I would throw out the idea as an option if you really like your tie rod haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm in the same boat with my wheels but my 37x13.5 Cooper's rubbed everything so while not ideal I'm sitting at 3" net backspace with spacers. Just thought I would throw out the idea as an option if you really like your tie rod haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Would you mind sharing any pics? I’m in the same boat only with 35s and 4.5” backspacing. When fully compressed with 2” of bumpstop, my front tires are slightly rubbing my poison inner fenders and the top of my fox 2.0 reservoirs regardless if they’re toward the spring perch or rotated back against the frame. I don’t have any other rubbing. My concern is that if I install 1.25” spacers, it will look too wide and weird with narrow fenders and 35s. IMG_0044.jpg IMG_0045.jpg

Top Bottom