Traction control light

My traction control light flashes if I'm on a curve and hit a dip in the road. Could this be because my rear axle is currently off about 2 inches? I'm waiting on the new rear adjustable track bar and rear antirock still.

Recently did a massive rebuild after an auto accident and added the following
Fusion 60 Kingpin with 2.5 ton tie rod and drag link and Yukon manual hubs
Fusion full float 60 rear
Anti rock
Upgraded from Redneck Ram to PSC Hydro Assist (kit did not come with a cooler :confused:)
New adjustable front track bar
New front and rear Adams driveshafts
New beads to match bolt pattern
New upper and lower control arms up front (All 4 had been damaged in the accident)
and a few other things

Ddays

Hooked
Sounds like you have a speed sensor issue. Check to make sure there aren't any damaged wires and try changing out one sensor at a time. I had this recurring issue and finally got sick and tired
of this happening. I installed the kill switch on my console & moved on. This is a pain in the ass & difficult to chase down sometimes.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you 100% sure that your steering wheel is 100% centered? If it's a bit off, a curve will cause your ESP to think you're in a slide and that will kick on your traction control.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Are you 100% sure that your steering wheel is 100% centered? If it's a bit off, a curve will cause your ESP to think you're in a slide and that will kick on your traction control.

I’ve had the same issue. Thought it was centered but was off just enough to kick the ESP in on curves. You can use the OBD JScan app with a Bluetooth OBDII adapter to see what your steering wheel readout is in real time and get it set to exactly zero

This thread has all the info to get set up to use the app.

OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=56619

I’ve had the same issue. Thought it was centered but was off just enough to kick the ESP in on curves. You can use the OBD JScan app with a Bluetooth OBDII adapter to see what your steering wheel readout is in real time and get it set to exactly zero

This thread has all the info to get set up to use the app.

OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=56619

If you don't have the OBDII adapter, you can try to use an AEV procal (which based on your recent additions, I'm assuming you have access to one).

An AEV procal has the ability to reset the "centered steering wheel position" value. That's to say if you run that procal function while your tires are perfectly straight, the current steering wheel position will be used as the center reference point for ESP and traction control.

If you don't have the OBDII adapter, you can try to use an AEV procal (which based on your recent additions, I'm assuming you have access to one).

An AEV procal has the ability to reset the "centered steering wheel position" value. That's to say if you run that procal function while your tires are perfectly straight, the current steering wheel position will be used as the center reference point for ESP and traction control.

I do have the ProCal and after I add that rear track bar and do my alignment I’ll make sure and do that. Thanks for that advice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom