Thread: Programmer question for regear

Fresh Catch

Programmer question for regear

So Iím going to update my ecu on my 2010 jk, 3.8, auto to account for my new 4.56 gears.
    Consensus is to program the ecu for the gear ratio change. I have both the Superchips flashpaq and the JScan app with OBDII adapter. Both are supposedly capable of doing this - any recommendations on which to use? I like both programmers but with this being a big modification didnít know which I should try. Suggestions? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Either should work just fine. I have jscan and programmed my 12 JKU for 4.56 gears with no issues.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by AgBass01 View Post
    Either should work just fine. I have jscan and programmed my 12 JKU for 4.56 gears with no issues.

Thank you sir. The JScan seems easier with this gear change mod. I did my tire size with it already but the gear change seems to be a 2 step process. Change to desired ratio size first then activating/deactivating the EGS feature for the changes to take effect. May go this route. Thanks For your input.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two Seahawkfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibjeepin2 View Post
    So Iím going to update my ecu on my 2010 jk, 3.8, auto to account for my new 4.56 gears.
    Consensus is to program the ecu for the gear ratio change. I have both the Superchips flashpaq and the JScan app with OBDII adapter. Both are supposedly capable of doing this - any recommendations on which to use? I like both programmers but with this being a big modification didnít know which I should try. Suggestions? Thanks.

No knowledge of the JScan. But I think you would want to stick to one or the other. Either will do what you need.