Question on lock rings

POOJEEP

Does anyone know if KMC machete lock rings will work with the Spyderlock wheels. Just like the way they have drains machined into them. Or if anyone know of a company that makes them or have had a machine shop make drains?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They should work. KMC (WheelPros) makes Spyderloc wheels. They are also known as ATX Slabs or at least, without the center rings.

Ddays

Hooked
They will physically bolt up but they won't drain because the Spyderlocks (Slabs) don't have the notches that match up with the holes in the Machete rings.

mqdefault.jpg

Edit: I think some crazy person drilled their Slabs or Chamber Pros so the drain rings would work on his. No thanks.

POOJEEP

They will physically bolt up but they won't drain because the Spyderlocks (Slabs) don't have the notches that match up with the holes in the Machete rings.

View attachment 341413

Edit: I think some crazy person drilled their Slabs or Chamber Pros so the drain rings would work on his. No thanks.

Ahhhh...... I hadn't seen under the rings to know they had notches in the wheels themselves. Drilling holes....maybe not the route I'd go, maybe a machine shop though?

Ddays

Hooked
Ahhhh...... I hadn't seen under the rings to know they had notches in the wheels themselves. Drilling holes....maybe not the route I'd go, maybe a machine shop though?

Man, that's an awful lot of machining. That's be pretty expensive. Honestly, if you're going to go to those lengths, you probably would be better off selling your Spyderlocks & using the proceeds to help pay for a set of Machetes.

View attachment 341413

I don’t think I ever saw a conclusion to that thread? He give up on it or just stop posting?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

POOJEEP

Oh I didn't mean machine them out like the machetes are, that would definitely be to costly. I mean more along the lines of a drain groove in between spoke areas or something like that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom