Visor clip broken does the whole visor need to be replaced?

jorgelrod

Hooked
Was driving yesterday and the wove brought down the visor, that plastic piece on the pic below broke and now the visor is constantly shaking and it right in my peripheral vision where it gets annoying real fast. Is that piece replaceable or will I have to buy the whole visor?
Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Don’t think I’ve seen one break like that. It’ll be a visor swap, eBay isn’t horribly priced.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I’m sure that it can fixed although I’ve never done it. Looks like you should be able to carefully pry out the surrounding plastic (might need a heat gun) and replace the broken pin with something from the hardware store. At this point you have nothing to lose so why not give it a go?

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
If you have a junk yard near by, you should be able to pick one up cheap. No one that I know of has ever needed to replace a visor. Tell the guys you are looking for something else so that don’t overcharge you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
mine did that, no need to buy a new visor.

you can pry off the U-shaped plastic piece from the visor, it snaps in place.

once you have that off, you can pry it open just enough to release the pin then slide a new piece of tubing over it.

ID 0.12" (3mm), OD 0.27" (7mm)

jorgelrod

Hooked
mine did that, no need to buy a new visor.

you can pry off the U-shaped plastic piece from the visor, it snaps in place.

once you have that off, you can pry it open just enough to release the pin then slide a new piece of tubing over it.

ID 0.12" (3mm), OD 0.27" (7mm)

Will definitely try this, they are not cheap at all.

desertbuzz

I FIXED IT & forgot it

Mine broke too like that (actually in even smaller pieces) :

My fix : I got a silicone tube (found it in my RC junk) with enough diameter to cover the metal part ... slit it open and slide it on (cut width to measure)
DON'T glue it , as you want it to move freely around the metal part... Slide it on and wrap with good electrical tape.
Looks stock . Mine has been on for a year now

Top Bottom