4 Season half doors? Supertop Ultra?

Catfathers

Hey guys, NC resident here. Like a lot of places the weather is pretty unpredictable. Taking the hardtop on and off is a bit of a chore and it leaves me SOL should it start to rain. The new Bestop Supertop seems pretty slick with how quickly you can fold it down and back up should the weather turn. Any experience here with it?

I’m also debating selling my full doors and getting Mopar half doors if I can find a decent deal or just scooping up the Bestop Core Doors. Anybody use either of these year round? How much does wind noise go up? I’m asking because I have my first kid on the way and I don’t want to have to ear muff her should she need to ride in the Jeep when she’s still a baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjtstudios

Hooked
Hey guys, NC resident here. Like a lot of places the weather is pretty unpredictable. Taking the hardtop on and off is a bit of a chore and it leaves me SOL should it start to rain. The new Bestop Supertop seems pretty slick with how quickly you can fold it down and back up should the weather turn. Any experience here with it?

I’m also debating selling my full doors and getting Mopar half doors if I can find a decent deal or just scooping up the Bestop Core Doors. Anybody use either of these year round? How much does wind noise go up? I’m asking because I have my first kid on the way and I don’t want to have to ear muff her should she need to ride in the Jeep when she’s still a baby

Half the year I run mopar half doors and the bestop trek top NX twill. The wind noise is significantly louder than the hard top and hard doors with most of the wind noise coming from the door uppers. But it doesn’t really matter much, because the uppers only go on when it rains.

IMG_9148.jpg

As you can see in the picture, both my kids have been riding in the Jeep with the top open and half doors since they were 2. Just get them a pair of sunglasses for the wind. With the door uppers on, it never bothered them as far as noise. The trek top is nice because it keeps the kids shaded from the sun with the back half fixed and it’s easy flip the front closed if you get a quick shower.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Seahawkfan

Hooked

Please share if you find that decent deal on Mopar half doors. Best I could find was about $4200 all in. Not including paint. I run the Bestop Glide easy up and down. Welcome:beer:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Please share if you find that decent deal on Mopar half doors. Best I could find was about $4200 all in. Not including paint. I run the Bestop Glide easy up and down. Welcome:beer:

They are so hard to come by. And be careful posting them up Ddays, might sneak in and snatch them 🤣

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

A.J.

Half the year I run mopar half doors and the bestop trek top NX twill. The wind noise is significantly louder than the hard top and hard doors with most of the wind noise coming from the door uppers. But it doesn’t really matter much, because the uppers only go on when it rains.

View attachment 341558

As you can see in the picture, both my kids have been riding in the Jeep with the top open and half doors since they were 2. Just get them a pair of sunglasses for the wind. With the door uppers on, it never bothered them as far as noise. The trek top is nice because it keeps the kids shaded from the sun with the back half fixed and it’s easy flip the front closed if you get a quick shower.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That doesn’t look like your Jeep.
Not anymore! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Catfathers

The prices online are all really close. I think the best bet is finding them used. I found a more or less brand new set of all 4 with uppers for $3800 but it involves a 4 hour drive. I found another pair of just fronts for 1200 but they’re much worse for wear. Anybody encounter someone or have the Core doors?

Napalm

The prices online are all really close. I think the best bet is finding them used. I found a more or less brand new set of all 4 with uppers for $3800 but it involves a 4 hour drive. I found another pair of just fronts for 1200 but they’re much worse for wear. Anybody encounter someone or have the Core doors?

I’ve heard good things about the Core doors, but no personal experience. I know with uppers they are pretty pricy as well! Have you looked into Rugged Ridge half doors? A lot of people run those here including Eddie(Wayoflife) and it seems like they are pretty happy with them.

Stay away from the Bestop Element half doors. I ran them on one of my JKUs and they just never fit or worked right. They rattled enough to drive you crazy. I’d consider myself a pretty big Bestop fan boy, but those doors just sucked. I never had any luck with them.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I paid $2500 for mine used and then spent another 1500 tearing them down and repainted them from silver to black. That was 5+ years ago.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Catfathers

I paid $2500 for mine used and then spent another 1500 tearing them down and repainted them from silver to black. That was 5+ years ago.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

They look immaculate to be 5 years old. That AEV JK is bad ass

RyanHanley

I do have a set of rugged ridge doors for sale if you’re in Colorado. I can’t see your location so I don’t know where you’re at but let me know if you’re interested

woods617

I have Mopar half doors and they are not terrible in town, but they are extremely loud on the highway. I wouldn’t suggest them for an infant. I use earmuffs on my 4 month old son if we go on any extended trips just to be safe. The doors are pretty love/hate for me. You can’t beat them with the top down and uppers off.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Another option for half doors is the strike force zebra doors. They are light and won’t get damaged as easy because they are a molded plastic, and are paintable. There are photos online of color matched doors that look really good. I dented my passenger door pretty good this past year wheeling, and I’m pretty positive if I was using the SFZ doors it wouldn’t have happened. I plan on getting a set at some point this year.

RSQCON

There is no better door on the market than the factory half doors. Many companies have tried but there is no replacement. I know of many that have owned Savvy, Evo and other half doors that have sold those only to turn around and buy the factory half doors. Usually not the other way around. I have about $4k in my factory doors. Bought them new, paid for paint and have full door wiring harnesses in them to make them power doors and mirrors just like my full doors. No half door on the market gives you that option.

Ddays

Hooked
They are so hard to come by. And be careful posting them up Ddays, might sneak in and snatch them 🤣

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

LOL, I still say yours are ugly as hell and you need to get rid of them. Bison would look sooooo much better without them. :thumb:

Brute

Hooked
Original Mopar half doors are the bomb...I wish I had got a set for Brute...

Attachments

• 8758AA9F-00D2-43D6-998B-48B33703EBA1.jpg
    8758AA9F-00D2-43D6-998B-48B33703EBA1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 109
Top Bottom