VIDEO : RUGGED RIDGE Jeep JL Wrangler / JT Gladiator Fender Chop DRL - INSTALLATION

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Back at the 2018 SEMA Show, Rugged Ridge debuted an awesome new set of replacement daytime running lights or DRL and ones that were specifically designed for a chopped or trimmed factory fenders on a Jeep JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator Truck. Unfortunately, it would take them a whole year to finally put them into production but just as promised, they sent us one of the very first sets for and testing. In this short video, you'll get to see just how easy they are to install as well as just how cool they really look once installed.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Rugged Ridge #11640.96
• 10mm Socket
• 8mm Socket
• 4mm Allen Wrench or Bit
• Torx T-20 Bit
• Torx T-30 Bit
• Trim Pry Tool
• Phillips Screwdriver
• Wire Cutting Dykes
• Utility Knife
• Dremel w/ Cutoff Wheel
• File
• Blue Painters Tape
• Zip Ties
• Rubbing Alcohol

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

20200220095608-cf5458a8-me.jpg

20200220095603-363e3183-me.jpg

20200220095605-c70ad421-me.jpg

20200220095558-32e425c5-me.jpg

20200220095555-c98a08ee-me.jpg

20200220095553-22ffcc2d-me.jpg

20200220095547-2ed93dee-me.jpg

20200220095534-f1bf732d-me.jpg

20200220095542-ad915b9e-me.jpg

CalSgt

Hooked
Defiantly look great, & great tutorial as always:thumb:

I'm going to need to watch it again to see if I will be able to mount my rock lights to the bottom of the brackets, I have them screwed to the underside of the factory plastic DRL's now.

ImpactDoc

Sooooo awesome!!! I’ve been waiting over a year! I ended up settling for the American adventure lab chop DRL which are awesome but what wasn’t awesome was the bulb out error and then the $60 fix for it later...

I’ll buy the rugged ridge for my JT and I love the fact that you keep so much of the oem front inner fender.

Thank you Eddie! Another awesome video, hope these get pumped out soon!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Defiantly look great, & great tutorial as always:thumb:

I'm going to need to watch it again to see if I will be able to mount my rock lights to the bottom of the brackets, I have them screwed to the underside of the factory plastic DRL's now.

I'm gonna bet that you could probably work off the Rugged Ridge DRL brackets if needed. Like you, I want to install rock lights and already have a few ideas :yup:

Sooooo awesome!!! I’ve been waiting over a year! I ended up settling for the American adventure lab chop DRL which are awesome but what wasn’t awesome was the bulb out error and then the $60 fix for it later...

I’ll buy the rugged ridge for my JT and I love the fact that you keep so much of the oem front inner fender.

Thank you Eddie! Another awesome video, hope these get pumped out soon!

Having seen both in person and both get installed, I have to say that I'm a lot happier with the Rugged Ridge setup. I love how you can keep so much of the inner fender liners and how factory the DRL's look once installed. Glad we could share this with you :)

I agree, I think it’s time for Jet to step up to 40s!

Great video!

LOL - gotta figure out what to do about axles first but 40's are definitely on the to do list. :yup:

benatc1

Hooked
These look awesome, I've been waiting to see these since they first arrived at sema and glad to see they are coming to the market.

Great install video as usual, oh and looking fwd to seeing Jet on 40s lol, even though I'm sure it's a great set up under there now, he does look tall between the lift and fenders, which I happen to really enjoy. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup. This is a major win for the JL/ JT. On a side note did I see you guys went back to the stock S.S. ? Perhaps hydro is coming soon?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
These look awesome, I've been waiting to see these since they first arrived at sema and glad to see they are coming to the market.

Great install video as usual, oh and looking fwd to seeing Jet on 40s lol, even though I'm sure it's a great set up under there now, he does look tall between the lift and fenders, which I happen to really enjoy. Thanks for sharing!

LOL - Like you, I'm super happy that Rugged Ridge finally got these things into production. They really look outstanding and very factory once installed. As far as 40's go, they are definitely on the to do list but we do need to get a few things figured out first :crazyeyes:

Those look great!

Thanks! It's always a concern that things won't look as good as they do at SEMA but these installed and look just as nice. :yup:

Yup. This is a major win for the JL/ JT. On a side note did I see you guys went back to the stock S.S. ? Perhaps hydro is coming soon?

LOL - good eye. The Fox stabilizer used an aluminum tie-rod mount and we beat the living hell out of it. We decided to go back to the Synergy mount which is made out of steel and re-installed the OE stabilizer. And honestly, I think it's just as good.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Man those things are super clean! Glad you finally got a set! You ever think your going to pull the inner fender liners and go more towards a flatter fender like you did in the past now with these drl’s up front?

Ddays

Hooked
Ugh. Something else to add to my list. I really liked the AAL lights but dont want to lose the inner liners on this Jeep. Looks like these fit the bill :thumb:
Thanks for the video.

Top Bottom