Need your eyes for JKU Synergy sector shaft clearance

MericaMade

Just got done installing the Synergy sector shaft and track bar brace, adjustable track bar, drag link flip, and tie-rod on my buddies 13 JKU. We also put in brand new Rock Krawler 3.5 coils and look how closely the trackbar sits to the sector shaft bolt. There is only 3/8’s of an inch clearance right now. What are your guys thoughts?
image000001.jpg

Attachments

• 20200216_163949.jpg
    20200216_163949.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 209

CalSgt

Hooked
Hard to tell from your pictures but it looks like the pinch bolt isn't in the right orientation...

Instructions show the pinch bolt directly behind the drag link

Just a guess anyway.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 9.30.42 PM.jpg

MericaMade

Hard to tell from your pictures but it looks like the pinch bolt isn't in the right orientation...

Instructions show the pinch bolt directly behind the drag link

Just a guess anyway.

View attachment 341596

Those are pictures and instructions for the draglink. Its the track bar hitting the sector shaft I am having a issues with. You cant rotate the track bar because one end is fixed.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Looks good besides the clearance between the sector shaft bolt and the track bar. I’ll be doing this to mine soon, so I’m interested to see what happens with this.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

MericaMade

Looks good besides the clearance between the sector shaft bolt and the track bar. I’ll be doing this to mine soon, so I’m interested to see what happens with this.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
Thanks. Front end feels great just its so close it worries me. Sent a email to Synergy waiting to see what they say.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

R.F. Tire fully stuffed is the test. Seems ok but hard to tell in pictures. Is the track bar directly under the bracket or just a bit forward of it when looking up from the bottom lying on your back?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

A.J.

Remember the axle moves forward a little as it comes up in the suspension cycle.

MericaMade

Remember the axle moves forward a little as it comes up in the suspension cycle.

We did a fully cycle test and it hits almost dead center. If I were to move the axle forward I would have to move it 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch foward. I'm thinking about slightly grinding down the bolt head to give another 16th of an inch of clearance. It's touching but it's barely touching but you can see the marks on top of the track bar.

I'm not concerned for daily driving around town it's driving down a dirt road and working the suspension that's going to cause that to touch or when it's flexed out.

Thanks for the suggestions.

POOJEEP

I had to remove the sector shaft brace completely due to the same issues. I did leave the steering box brace on but have yet to find a track bar that would work with clearance at flex.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have a synergy sector shaft brace and a synergy track bar. I don’t have any contact at full stuff. If I remember I’ll take some photos tonight. I can tell you though that my track bar doesn’t look like the one in your photo. I guess synergy redesigned it somewhere along the way. Mine is six or seven years old.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

I have a synergy sector shaft brace and a synergy track bar. I don’t have any contact at full stuff. If I remember I’ll take some photos tonight. I can tell you though that my track bar doesn’t look like the one in your photo. I guess synergy redesigned it somewhere along the way. Mine is six or seven years old.

Thanks Fiend.

fiend

Caught the Bug
We did a fully cycle test and it hits almost dead center. If I were to move the axle forward I would have to move it 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch foward. I'm thinking about slightly grinding down the bolt head to give another 16th of an inch of clearance. It's touching but it's barely touching but you can see the marks on top of the track bar.

I'm not concerned for daily driving around town it's driving down a dirt road and working the suspension that's going to cause that to touch or when it's flexed out.

Thanks for the suggestions.

How much bump stop is your friend running?

Top Bottom