Teraflex 3inch with teraflex shocks or fox shocks.

Robintibo

Hi,
I am looking to get the 3inch teraflex lift for my jk 2015 2door. I was wondering if I should get fox shocks with it or stay with the 9550 shock that come with the lift. Is the difference in price worth it?
Thank !

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Hi,
I am looking to get the 3inch teraflex lift for my jk 2015 2door. I was wondering if I should get fox shocks with it or stay with the 9550 shock that come with the lift. Is the difference in price worth it?
Thank !

What sold you on the Teraflex lift? Didn't you ask about BDS a couple days ago? Not trying to be a dick but I wouldn't wish either kit on to anyone, even an enemy.

Robintibo

What sold you on the Teraflex lift? Didn't you ask about BDS a couple days ago? Not trying to be a dick but I wouldn't wish either kit on to anyone, even an enemy.

I am looking around and wondering hat to do... what should I do for a 3 inch lift... no bds no tera? What brand ?

Catfathers

Point and counter point here:

I have the TF S/T3 with Falcon 3.2s. It seems pretty solid and rides very well but this is my first Jeep and my first kit. I have had zero issues. A buddy has a similar RK lift and I do at least as well as him. Wayalife as a whole seems to despise Teraflex whereas their reputation other places places them in above average and easily competitive within the price point

I’d be willing to bet though from my few days obsessively reading that the average Wayalife poster wheels harder and has more technical and mechanical knowledge than any of the other bigger forums.

TF is a much bigger company than Evo and instances of their stuff failing are going to be more common by that simple fact alone. Is Evo the better brand? Very likely. Is TF putting out kits held together by duct tape and bubble gum that will instantly explode on any more difficult trail? Probably not.

Regarding the shocks specifically you get what you pay for for the most part when it comes to this stuff. Fox has a good rep everywhere and if you have the coin go for it. Some of these dudes have encyclopedic knowledge and can probably rattle of specifics of why one or the other is/is not worth it so I’d hold out for that before pulling the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MericaMade

The reason why their shit falls apart is because its made out of cheap-ass Chinese steel. They're more concerned about quantity and not quality, and that's why their quality sucks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hi,
Thank !

Point and counter point here:

I have the TF S/T3 with Falcon 3.2s. It seems pretty solid and rides very well but this is my first Jeep and my first kit. I have had zero issues. A buddy has a similar RK lift and I do at least as well as him. Wayalife as a whole seems to despise Teraflex whereas their reputation other places places them in above average and easily competitive within the price point

I’d be willing to bet though from my few days obsessively reading that the average Wayalife poster wheels harder and has more technical and mechanical knowledge than any of the other bigger forums.

TF is a much bigger company than Evo and instances of their stuff failing are going to be more common by that simple fact alone. Is Evo the better brand? Very likely. Is TF putting out kits held together by duct tape and bubble gum that will instantly explode on any more difficult trail? Probably not.

Regarding the shocks specifically you get what you pay for for the most part when it comes to this stuff. Fox has a good rep everywhere and if you have the coin go for it. Some of these dudes have encyclopedic knowledge and can probably rattle of specifics of why one or the other is/is not worth it so I’d hold out for that before pulling the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Control arms breaking, rough ride, etc. Look, many people here have run Teraflex. Most have swapped to something better. Browse these threads. There are photos.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/37869-Teraflex-Bad-rep-for-a-reason-or-isolated-cases

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break

Last edited:

notnalc68

Here is Dennis, himself, with a breakage...

Attachments

• C072CCC4-35A6-4599-90E7-0105FFA3798F.jpeg
    C072CCC4-35A6-4599-90E7-0105FFA3798F.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 30C7BB6E-C2D4-42C2-B6D6-3E35C7D2B51A.jpeg
    30C7BB6E-C2D4-42C2-B6D6-3E35C7D2B51A.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 82
Teraflex. Rough country. Etc. all the bottom entry level kits. They ride like shit. They rust. The bushings blow in a couple years of road driving. Shocks start leaking pretty fast in my experience. Now this is fine for an entry level lift, however if you notice. These no longer have entry level prices. They are however gaining popularity as more of the jku’s are becoming much cheaper, and people finally able to afford them want to lift their jeeps as cheap as possible.
Will you have a catastrophic failure? Probably not, but it does happen. You will have premature component “wear and tear” and have to replace things and spend more money. But few people like to take advice from strangers and instead just want someone to backup the decision they already made.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

notnalc68

Teraflex. Rough country. Etc. all the bottom entry level kits. They ride like shit. They rust. The bushings blow in a couple years of road driving. Shocks start leaking pretty fast in my experience. Now this is fine for an entry level lift, however if you notice. These no longer have entry level prices. They are however gaining popularity as more of the jku’s are becoming much cheaper, and people finally able to afford them want to lift their jeeps as cheap as possible.
Will you have a catastrophic failure? Probably not, but it does happen. You will have premature component “wear and tear” and have to replace things and spend more money. But few people like to take advice from strangers and instead just want someone to backup the decision they already made.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Spot on. Most people that are looking at those lifts, should probably run spacer lifts.

Top Bottom