Dynatrac JL/JT ProRock 44 w/ Exclusive 60-Class 1480 Shaft and Axle Joint

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone, just got the following press release from Dynaytrac and thought you might be interested in seeing what they've got coming your way. :cool:

Introducing the Dynatrac ProRock 44™ Axle with Exclusive 60-Class Shaft and Axle Joint for the New Jeep Gladiator and Wrangler
20200220103715-854f34df.jpg

• Dynatrac end forgings, 3.125-diameter and .500-inch wall thickness along with 60-class 1480 axleshaft and joint upgrade make this the strongest 44-class axle available
• ProRock 44™ for the Jeep Gladiator (JT) and Wrangler (JL) eliminates housing-collapse anxiety when running large tires in aggressive terrain
• Eliminates the OEM front-axle disconnect
• All U.S.-made materials and labor, including U.S.-made, heat-treated, chromoly axle shafts
• Dynatrac® U.S.-made end forgings provide ultimate strength and knuckle support
• Patented ProRock® design provides best-in-class ground clearance

Huntington Beach – Dynatrac once again goes the extra mile to deliver the strongest and most durable axles. Introducing the Dynatrac ProRock 44™ for the 2020-and-newer Jeep Gladiator (JT) and 2018-and-newer Jeep Wrangler (JL). From U.S.-made end forgings to significantly stronger axle tubes, along with 35-spline 1480 axleshaft and axle joints, this is the strongest 44-class axle available for the JT and JL. The Dynatrac ProRock 44 also eliminates the front-axle disconnect. These attributes mean that Gladiator and Wrangler owners will have the Confidence to Explore®.

There are more Dynatrac ProRock 44 axles on the road than all competitors combined.
The core of the new ProRock 44 for the Jeep JT and JL has the great features customers have come to rely on for more than 10 years from Dynatrac products. This ProRock 44 will accept lockers and ring-and-pinion gear sets designed for the 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler (JK), giving customers much broader offerings to choose from for lockers and gear ratios. This series of components has a proven track record of strength and durability, and there are many ratio options and locking differential choices available.

The ProRock 44 for the JT and JL adds several features specific to these models. The new ProRock 44 eliminates the front-axle disconnect two-piece shaft and engagement mechanism, replacing it with a new one-piece, U.S.-made, heat-treated, chromoly axleshaft. The removal of the front-axle disconnect system is highly desirable for off-road enthusiasts, eliminating this potential housing failure point.

The 60-class 1480 axle joint includes the same shaft diameter and axle joint that have come in ProRock 60® axles for 20 years. It’s the largest steering joint available for a 44-class axle for the JT and JL.

All ProRock 44 axle housings for the JT and JL come with 3.125-inch outside-diameter axle tubes with .500-inch wall thickness. This is the same tubing used on the Dynatrac ProRock 60 axles. The heavy-duty brackets on the ProRock 44 are also specific to the JT and JL. New U.S.-made end forgings are the largest and strongest in the industry.

The ProRock 44 for the JL will ship with new upper control-arm bushings installed. The new axle housing also includes a rock-proof, nodular-iron Dynatrac differential cover. The ProRock 44 for the JL is available in the correct width for Sport and Sahara models, and a wider version matching the OE Rubicon model width is also available.

Standard ProRock 44 features include an all-new housing engineered for uncompromised strength and gear-mesh accuracy even under extreme use for the best gear durability possible. The Dynatrac-patented ProRock® design also provides the best ground clearance in the business.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet! God I want to build a JT so bad.

LOL - why do I have a feeling you're working on a way to make that possible. :cheesy:

That looks like a great upgrade to get rid of the FAD.

How much wider is the Rubicon version?

Honestly, I've started to appreciate the FAD and kind of miss it. With the exception of the couple of breaks we've all seen from collisions and the like, they've proven themselves to be stronger than even I had thought and more beneficial to have as well. But, that's beside the point. The JL Rubicon axles are 1.5" wider than a Sport/Sahara. I should note, they're a whole 2.5" wider than a JK.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s a pretty cool upgrade. I wonder what the price difference is between the jk pro rock and this one

Unfortunately, availability and price point is not something that is known as of yet. I would imagine it'd have to be more than a JK PR44 but depending on how much more it is, a 60 may still make more sense to have.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Unfortunately, availability and price point is not something that is known as of yet. I would imagine it'd have to be more than a JK PR44 but depending on how much more it is, a 60 may still make more sense to have.

Seems like a good idea but just another “filler” axle in between the 44 and 60.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like a good idea but just another “filler” axle in between the 44 and 60.

Without question, there was a real need for the PR44 when the JK came out especially with all the bent C's and broken axle tubes we saw right from the get go. I'd be hard pressed to say there's a same need for the JL and JT. We're now 2 years in on the JL and so far, they've been holding up well or at least, with 37" tires. But, time will tell. Me personally, I'd save up and go right to a PR60 with an EVO high steer system. That's what we've been running on Moby forever and what has proven to work well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pardon my ignorance but what is the FAD?

Front Axle Disconnect. It's a lot like the old CAD or Center Axle Disconnect only, it's electronically operated. It's designed to disengage the passenger side axle shaft to prevent the differential from spinning and that helps to improve fuel economy. Of course, the real benefit is that your front drive shaft won't spin and that will allow you to run more caster without the negative effects of it.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Front Axle Disconnect. It's a lot like the old CAD or Center Axle Disconnect only, it's electronically operated. It's designed to disengage the passenger side axle shaft to prevent the differential from spinning and that helps to improve fuel economy. Of course, the real benefit is that your front drive shaft won't spin and that will allow you to run more caster without the negative effects of it.

:thumb::thumb: Thank you for the info!

Ddays

Hooked
3psja3.jpg

Ugh. who needs money

Too bad they don't offer locking hubs on these. That would be awesome and make it easier to justify spending the dough.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Without question, there was a real need for the PR44 when the JK came out especially with all the bent C's and broken axle tubes we saw right from the get go. I'd be hard pressed to say there's a same need for the JL and JT. We're now 2 years in on the JL and so far, they've been holding up well or at least, with 37" tires. But, time will tell. Me personally, I'd save up and go right to a PR60 with an EVO high steer system. That's what we've been running on Moby forever and what has proven to work well.

Agreed, there is a place for a pr44. Once you hit a certain point tho a 60 is really needed. The only other axle I see a being good was the 44/60 combo axle that I believe was used in vengeance? Had the 44 pumpkin and 60 outers, and that was good for the extreme low stance and clearance that was needed.

Braxtonsag

Yeah i just don’t see why they keep beefing up these 44 series axles when the original pr44 is more than most will need. Wish they’d put some effort in making 60 class housings more affordable for the average customer

Agreed, there is a place for a pr44. Once you hit a certain point tho a 60 is really needed. The only other axle I see a being good was the 44/60 combo axle that I believe was used in vengeance? Had the 44 pumpkin and 60 outers, and that was good for the extreme low stance and clearance that was needed.

Actually, the Dynatrac ProRock 44 for the JL/JT with the 1480 shafts gives you the same shaft strength as our ProRock 44/60 axle but lets you keep your factory wheels and brakes. The 1480 shafts are the same diameter as what we've used in ProRock 60s for decades.

Ddays

Hooked
Actually, the Dynatrac ProRock 44 for the JL/JT with the 1480 shafts gives you the same shaft strength as our ProRock 44/60 axle but lets you keep your factory wheels and brakes. The 1480 shafts are the same diameter as what we've used in ProRock 60s for decades.

Why not go to a locking hub configuration on these? Or at least as an option. For what we're spending on these already, an extra $1000 really isn't that much more to pay for the benefits.

PS: Any idea how much longer my axles will take? :brows:

Why not go to a locking hub configuration on these? Or at least as an option. For what we're spending on these already, an extra $1000 really isn't that much more to pay for the benefits.

PS: Any idea how much longer my axles will take? :brows:

We have looked at offering locking hubs on ProRock 44 over the years. And there are a few reasons we have not offered them. A traditional locking hub would not fit with factory outer assembly and brake. It would also not fit with the wheels that are made for JKs, JLs or JTs. By the time we added all of the additional parts required, it would cost more than $1,000, and by the time you add the additional cost to the ProRock 44, you are getting really close to the price of a ProRock 60.

As for your axles...give us a call tomorrow. I'm not able to look up orders unfortunately. And thanks for being a customer!

Top Bottom