Windshield wiper malfunction

thechrisjones

I have a 2015 JKU with malfunctioning windshield wipers. My front windshield wipers are set to off, when I start my car they immediately swipe the window once, then about every 10 to 15 seconds they decide to wipe the front window again.

Has anyone ever heard of this issue?

I disconnect the negative battery terminal and let it sit for over night. I pushed in the break and also turn the lights on and off while the car was disconnected (I read this somewhere) and I’m still have the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to the jk/jku clockspring and TIPM hell. Google it, tons of info, not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

I have a 2015 JKU with malfunctioning windshield wipers. My front windshield wipers are set to off, when I start my car they immediately swipe the window once, then about every 10 to 15 seconds they decide to wipe the front window again.

I disconnect the negative battery terminal and let it sit for over night. I pushed in the break and also turn the lights on and off while the car was disconnected (I read this somewhere) and I’m still have the issue.

I’m sorry to hear this, my condolences

Not related. You still need to find your electrical gremlin before it starts shutting down on the freeway.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jeeeep

Hooked

that sucks, it can be TIPM, Clockspring, or one of the multi-function switched on the steering column - turn signal or wiper switch.

Take it to the dealer and hope it's something covered under a recall not the TIPM

TIPM= Totally Integrated Pile of Manure

Top Bottom