Stop safely, vehicle will shut off soon

bdubnit

Got this error message last Saturday on our 2020 JLU with <3000 miles. Before the error message after turning on the vehicle it showed the red battery light and followed that with letting me know the start/stop function is currently unavailable.

Tried turning off and back on, but would cycle through the same issues so i switched over to the voltage menu on the dash and could watch the voltages drop before the jeep started shaking and that’s when i turned the vehicle off and called for a tow.

Dealership tested both the main and aux battery and said the aux battery failed so they went ahead and replaced both. I had seen another forum where a few others went through this same issue so i knew the new battery’s wouldn’t fix the issue. 5 days later we’re having the issue again and going to get it towed in tomorrow, again.

I’m trying to see if anyone else has run into this issue and either you or the dealer have found a fix. Thanks! IMG_1193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cars don’t need batteries to run, need them to start. Needs alternator or signal to the alternator.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JLNewbie

Got this error message last Saturday on our 2020 JLU with <3000 miles. Before the error message after turning on the vehicle it showed the red battery light and followed that with letting me know the start/stop function is currently unavailable.

Tried turning off and back on, but would cycle through the same issues so i switched over to the voltage menu on the dash and could watch the voltages drop before the jeep started shaking and that’s when i turned the vehicle off and called for a tow.

Dealership tested both the main and aux battery and said the aux battery failed so they went ahead and replaced both. I had seen another forum where a few others went through this same issue so i knew the new battery’s wouldn’t fix the issue. 5 days later we’re having the issue again and going to get it towed in tomorrow, again.

I’m trying to see if anyone else has run into this issue and either you or the dealer have found a fix. Thanks! View attachment 341894

I had exactly the same message on the day I did pick up my Jeep 2019 on the way home here in Germany. It took them ages to identify the issue. At the end it was a relay in the box near the second battery. That's what they told me. Not available as spare part and needed 8 weeks to get delivered.
I ended up on my way back to the dealer blocking a tram, as nobody was able to tell me how to set the auto the neutral again without this to function.

I was told later they also did exchange the batteries, but I do not believe them.

Holger

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

All of this electronics and safety stuff is junk and bullshit. It should be an option if you want the government to ride around with you in your car

jdofmemi

All of this electronics and safety stuff is junk and bullshit. It should be an option if you want the government to ride around with you in your car

☝️👍👍👍👍👍☝️

This is pretty much the only thing I hate about my Jeep, and all the other newish vehicles.

It makes me want to rehab my old 85 Toyota. The only electronics in it run the fuel injected V-6. No other BS

Top Bottom