Death wobble

Ok, just expeince the death wobble on way to work for first time. Quite scary. Everyone always says its the ball joints. Can anyone recommend a good set of ball joints? I have tools to do it, just dont want to have to do it twice.
Thanks for imput

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Check your ball joints first to make sure that's it. Could be as simple as a loose bolt somewhere else.

bmkrinne

When you changed your steering stabilizer, did you loosen anything else? Check the bolt torque on your steering stabilizer are at 50 ft-lbs. Anything else you touched, make sure it’s right!

Looseness causes this issue and it sucks donkey balls!!!!

Next Check the following:
1. Track bar bolt torque at 125 ft-lbs both ends and track bar bushings intact and not degraded.
2. Tie rod ends have no play and bolts at 63 ft-lbs
3. Drag link clamp bolts at 26 ft-lbs and end links with no play and at 63/77 ft-lbs
4. Ball joints have < 0.060” vertical travel and very little side to side movement.
5. Caster at approx. -4 deg

May want to lay under the Jeep while someone slowly turns the wheels back and forth to identify any loose parts.

My death wobble ended up being a loose track bar to axle connection along with a wallowed out hole in the bracket. Installed a high steer bracket and drag link flip to solve it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Wont be the last time, but now you know how it feels. For the balljoints I run spicers and they seem to last just fine for what I do. Moog blows.

Top Bottom