New Suspension

aresrubicon

Hey y’all, I’ve got some money coming in and looking to replace my suspension parts, hopefully everything. I’ve never done any suspension purchases, because I bought my Jeep like it is. But I am completely unhappy with what I have and my experience with it.

2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
35s on 18s
Rough Country (5.5”?) lift kit, which is just shocks and stabilizers. Everything else is OEM
Rear Control Arm Correction Bracket
Adams Rear Driveshaft

The handling is super floaty and really rough, my Jeep isn’t really fun, as it’s my daily driver.

I’ve got about $3.5k to spend on suspension, and $1.5k to put towards rims and tires. If you can, I’d love for somebody to help me do it right this time. I can spend a bit more if needed, just trying to stay within that budget.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aresrubicon

Hey y’all, I’ve got some money coming in and looking to replace my suspension parts, hopefully everything. I’ve never done any suspension purchases, because I bought my Jeep like it is. But I am completely unhappy with what I have and my experience with it.

2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
35s on 18s
Rough Country (5.5”?) lift kit, which is just shocks and stabilizers. Everything else is OEM
Rear Control Arm Correction Bracket
Adams Rear Driveshaft

The handling is super floaty and really rough, my Jeep isn’t really fun, as it’s my daily driver.

I’ve got about $3.5k to spend on suspension, and $1.5k to put towards rims and tires. If you can, I’d love for somebody to help me do it right this time. I can spend a bit more if needed, just trying to stay within that budget.

Also need to note, I’m probably gonna drop down to a 4” lift to keep prices down as well as improve handling.

WJCO

Meme King
Likely your issue stems from two things: Rough Country (hence the name) and 5.5 inches of lift.

Post some pictures of your Jeep and your front steering and suspension area. You can probably rip the lift kit off and go with 2 inches of lift or less and still run 35s. I would recommend doing EVO or Rancho for your next kit.

Napalm

Likely your issue stems from two things: Rough Country (hence the name) and 5.5 inches of lift.

Post some pictures of your Jeep and your front steering and suspension area. You can probably rip the lift kit off and go with 2 inches of lift or less and still run 35s. I would recommend doing EVO or Rancho for your next kit.

Agreed. Rip that Rough Country off and go with some quality stuff. Geometry and whatnot has a lot to do with your steering feel and I’m sure at 5.5 inches it’s all outta whack.

I ran an EVO leveling kit(2”) on my JKs for years and it worked fine with 35s. You don’t need 5.5 inches of lift! Less is more!

aresrubicon

IMG_2963.jpg IMG_2964.JPG IMG_2965.jpg

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

Off the bat, i see several things as to why it drives like crap.
1) that looks like an aftermarket dropped pitman arm. Those things are notorious for sloppy driving.
2) looks like non adjustable control arms. Even with those correction brackets they won’t do much for that high of lift.
3) I’m amazed as hell that stock driveshaft is still intact with that high of lift.
4) dual steering stabilizers are useless.

So depending on what tire size you want to stay at (or go to) it will be a big difference in money. 35’s you can run all day with a leveling kit or 2” lift and still off road great. You can easily achieve this with about $500. Just make sure if you do stay under 3” lifts. Take everything off the Jeep that isn’t stock. (Suspension anyway) she’ll be driving good as new.

dillard09

Hit up Bubba at Exodus Jeeps. Even better drive to his shop in New Braunfels and let him install everything for you so you know it's done right. 5k for lift, wheels an tire should get you a solid setup. But might wanna consider a regear as well.

jdofmemi

dooooes that look bent to anyone else or just my phone?

Hard to tell with the POS dual stabilizer in the way.

When the Jeep gets done right, it won't even need one, though it's still good to have.
Just don't have the wrong one, or it will be worse than none at all.

aresrubicon

Hard to tell with the POS dual stabilizer in the way.

When the Jeep gets done right, it won't even need one, though it's still good to have.
Just don't have the wrong one, or it will be worse than none at all.

Can you expand more on that? Like I said before, I didn’t install any of this suspension, and it’s definitely not my strong suit. Thanks

Napalm

Can you expand more on that? Like I said before, I didn’t install any of this suspension, and it’s definitely not my strong suit. Thanks

If you are in Houston, as some have said already call up Bubba at Exodus Jeeps. Tell him you are wanting a run a quality two inch lift and 35s and give him your budget. He will take it from there and can get your JK riding smooth!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
They are saying that your axel looks bent. Might just be an optical illusion because the stabilizers are blocking the view.

What size tires are you planning to run? Are you sticking with 35’s or ??? Hard to make suggestions without knowing what your end game is.

jdofmemi

If you are in Houston, as some have said already call up Bubba at Exodus Jeeps. Tell him you are wanting a run a quality two inch lift and 35s and give him your budget. He will take it from there and can get your JK riding smooth!

☝️This is great advice ☝️

Top quality at a fair price.

Top Bottom