MetalCloak true dual rate 2.5 vs Rancho 3inch progressive sport système with rs9000 s

Robintibo

Hi,
I’m looking to buy a lift kit for my Jeep 2015 2 door sport. One of the shop propose to me a couple of choices. MC 2,5 true dual, Rancho 3 inch progressive sport with rs9000 or Mc coil and shocks with a front track bar form a other brand.
What should I do between those choice?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Hi,
I’m looking to buy a lift kit for my Jeep 2015 2 door sport. One of the shop propose to me a couple of choices. MC 2,5 true dual, Rancho 3 inch progressive sport with rs9000 or Mc coil and shocks with a front track bar form a other brand.
What should I do between those choice?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rancho all day!

Ddays

Hooked
Metalcloak marketing explained:

These guys advertise and market dual & triple rate like its a really big deal when what it is is BS. Lets be honest: your Jeep is gonna spend probably 99% of it's time on road, right?
Now take a look at the pics of their springs. Why on earth would you pay for springs that have the upper 1/4 - 1/3 of coil compressed at road height as they themselves describe in their own literature and info on the website? That nonsense about "lowering the bucket of the coil thereby creating a more stable ride" is stupid. Effectively you're paying for shorter springs.
That bit about their springs having the longest free length in the industry is retarded as well. Your wheel travel is limited by your shock travel, not by the springs.

Buy another brand as mentioned. And pick single rate springs so the vehicle can use the full length of the coils.

Matalcloak dual rate springs.jpg

ss2001-What-is-Dual-Rate-Updated-1.gif

Has anyone installed the rancho 3” progressive springs on a JKU? If so, would you mind sharing a pic or share how much actual lift you yielded?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Spazbyt

Hooked
Can someone explain why Rancho over MC?

Rancho is well known for their quality shocks. As far as coils go Ranchos progressive coils are slightly closer together when compressed on the other hand the metal cloaks are fully bottomed out turning your coils into spacers. Now I'm no coilologist but I don't like springs bottomed out in any application.

Top Bottom