So Need A New Lift

tonytony9

Passenger side spring is cracked and my front shocks are shot. I got both sets of new Fox 2.0 Performance shocks in the garage which came with my Evo QP. They fit 1.5-3.5inchs of lift. I am currently running a Rough Country 2.5 inch leveling kit.

My dilemma, my 08 JKU has 161k miles on it. I barely drive anymore and it’s practically a mall crawler with occasional off road trails to hike mountain bike hunt ect... Can someone recommend a good budget lift without shocks. Maybe I’ll grab quick disconnects also.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
You mite look at Rancho 2" springs, you should be able to just by the springs.

09 JKU WRANGLER (Flame Red )
19 JL WRANGLER (Bikini Blue)

tonytony9

You mite look at Rancho 2" springs, you should be able to just by the springs.

09 JKU WRANGLER (Flame Red )
19 JL WRANGLER (Bikini Blue)

That’s what I was thinking. Can I just buy springs for up front and use my shocks? I have the stock sport springs in the back. My mechanic said the shocks aren’t bottom out in the back.

MericaMade

Is that enough lift for the fox 1.5-3inch 2.0 series

Per Evo.

EVO MFG Jeep JK HD Leveling Kit
The EVO MFG HD Leveling Kit is exactly what’s needed to give your JK some added lift to clear up to a 33” tire and to compensate for added equipment like a bumper and winch.* The supplied EVO Plush ride 2” front coil springs offer slightly more front spring rate then the stock front coil springs to give you the boost you need to level the front of the JK and the rear coil spacers give the rear the added boost needed to compensate for added rear equipment without adding spring rate to the already payload rated stock rear springs.
Fits 2007+ Jeep Wrangler JK and JKU
Actual lift increases may vary due to OEM equipment and aftermarket accessories.
Engineered to work with OEM shocks or most 0-2” aftermarket shocks of your choice.

The Kit includes:

2” Front coil springs

¾” Rear coil spacers

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Is that enough lift for the fox 1.5-3inch 2.0 series

You need to be less fixated on lift height and focus more on bumpstop height for running those shocks.

14.75” Stock FR Shocks Compressed
15.00” Stock RR Shocks Compressed

I believe those fox’s are 15.55/15.65 so you’ll need approximately 1” of bumpstop to run them.

tonytony9

You need to be less fixated on lift height and focus more on bumpstop height for running those shocks.

14.75” Stock FR Shocks Compressed
15.00” Stock RR Shocks Compressed

I believe those fox’s are 15.55/15.65 so you’ll need approximately 1” of bumpstop to run them.

Understood. My thought process is this:

Buy 1” bump stops for up front
Buy two 2.5” of lift front coils for up front
Remove the 2.5” rough country spacers from up front
Install the Fox Shocks up front
Keep the rear the same with stock coils, rough country 2.5” spacers, and fox shocks

MericaMade

Understood. My thought process is this:

Buy 1” bump stops for up front
Buy two 2.5” of lift front coils for up front
Remove the 2.5” rough country spacers from up front
Install the Fox Shocks up front
Keep the rear the same with stock coils, rough country 2.5” spacers, and fox shocks

Personally, I wouldn't run two different rate coils front and back. May not be a issue but my OCD would not sit well with that.

BaddestCross

Personally, I wouldn't run two different rate coils front and back. May not be a issue but my OCD would not sit well with that.

The front and rear are different rate anyway.
[emoji3516] This. Even stock, the rear is designed to carry more weight.

Personally, I run Evo plush in the front and OME heavy duty in the rear to avoid sagging and bottoming out.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

BaddestCross

I just found a set of rear/front rubi express 2.5 inch coils. $100. That should do?

Really can't answer that question. It all depends on how your rig is used and what kind of weight you carry. I went through 2 sets of rear springs and then added spacers on top of that to get mine dialed in to where I wanted/needed. Technically I have about 5" of lift in the rear, but with the weight I've got to deal with it only nets about 3".

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom