MOAB Easter Jeep Safari - First timer to MOAB

twopullupeddie

Planning out my trip to EJS. Never been out there before. Driving in from Ohio. Below are the trails that I signed up for. I stuck with lower rated trails, one because I have to drive the Gladiator back to Ohio and two, I never been there before and I don't have a ton of off road experience. Plus I am not so much into the rock crawling as I am the exploring.

Any thoughts about these trails and EJS for a noobie to Moab would be appreciated.

Going out there by myself. So I figure for my first time, the more people the merrier.

Decided not to re-gear so running the stock 4.10s. We'll see how the manual on 37s handles the passes.

Copper Ridge Wednesday, April 8, 2020
Hey Joe Canyon Thursday, April 9, 2020
Fins and Things @ 10:00 AM Friday, April 10, 2020 @ 10:00 AM
Dome Plateau @ 8:00 AM Saturday, April 11, 2020 @ 8:00 AM

Glad Screenshot.jpg

bhaner

Only one of those trails I have done is Fins and Things. Was a few years back in my TJ Rubicon on 35's.

It was the 3rd trail our group did in Moab. It wasn't anything hard... Lots of little rolling hills and turns.

I thought Hells Revenge was a much better trail. It was like Fins and Things with a few hill climbs tossed in.

You go from "No way I can make it up that" to "Wow! Let's see what else I can do!" real quick.

Last edited:

twopullupeddie

Only one of those trails I have done is Fins and Things. Was a few years back in my TJ Rubicon on 35's.

It was the 3rd trail our group did in Moab. It wasn't anything hard... Lots of little rolling hills and turns.

I thought Hells Revenge was a much better trail. It was like Fins and Things with a few hill climbs tossed in.

You go from "No way I can make it up that" to "Wow! Let's see what else I can do!" real quick.

Thanks for sharing the video. Well one good thing about less challenging trails you get to enjoy the that scenery. Wow!

bhaner

If you can work out a way to do Hells Revenge do it!

The trail itself was lots of fun! A few hill climbs that were fairly exciting for a first timer!

I have seen full size trucks do this trail so you shouldn't have an issue.

There are also a few optional climbs.

This one is called Hells Gate:

https://youtu.be/JdDUMswxSq4

Last edited:

twopullupeddie

If you can work out a way to do Hells Revenge do it!

The trail itself was lots of fun! A few hill climbs that were fairly exciting for a first timer!

I have seen full size trucks do this trail so you shouldn't have an issue.

There are also a few optional climbs.

This one is called Hells Gate:

https://youtu.be/JdDUMswxSq4

I will definitely try to work it in while I am there.
Thanks again for the videos.

Top Bottom