In Bed Tire Carriers

WJCO

Meme King
Here you go, Ed. Sorry about the shitty tire brand in the picture but you get the idea. Pretty sure this is a custom built.

used-2020-jeep-gladiator-sport-8417-19430225-4-640.jpg

used-2020-jeep-gladiator-sport-8417-19430225-5-640.jpg

used-2020-jeep-gladiator-sport-8417-19430225-6-640.jpg

used-2020-jeep-gladiator-sport-8417-19430225-15-640.jpg

used-2020-jeep-gladiator-sport-8417-19430225-16-640.jpg

used-2020-jeep-gladiator-sport-8417-19430225-17-640.jpg

Rough Country has one out too:

rc.jpg

Brute

Hooked
I think so too. I've been thinking about building one since before I got the truck. Still not sure if I will but I like that kind of design.

Build one without studs or lug nuts lug nuts...even 35"s can get heavy trying to get them on or off a carrier...then think about how much harder a 40 is...I really like the self centering Delrin cone you tighten onto the wheel...but the tilted carrier idea is where I'm going...

Ddays

Hooked
Those both look sweet although the one in the white one looks like it'd be easier to live with since you can slide shit underneath it.

jdofmemi

I built something like that in my Toyota back in the day. I made it so my toolbox was locked in under the tire so the locking lugs kept it secure.

That was the big box, common tools were in a soft bag easy to access.

I like the look, but the big roll bar on the white one is too 80s for me.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I see that double bar and immediately feel nostalgic for the late 80’s.

IMG_5676.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

CalSgt

Hooked
I always liked the chase truck looking mounts, they look like it would be easy to get the tire in & out

bedrack7.jpg

bonedoc

I see that double bar and immediately feel nostalgic for the late 80’s.

View attachment 342225

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Right! Not a fan. The first one is pretty nice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

My local carpet installer had that exact roll bar in his chevy pickup in the late 80's... Except it was gold plated to match his teeth & the rest of the trim :cheesy:

AGREED!! Saw that first one with the bed bar and all I could think of was the 80s, my Comanche, and my father's Ranger STX....LOL. OMG....summer days...car shows...REO Speedwagon and Journey blaring from the stereos....but I digress...nostalgic but not the look I'm interested in anymore. Definitely like the bed racks with the spare mounted on those. I love the EVO rack with the tire on top. But I'm seriously thinking of the Road Armor rack that allows the tire to hang from the underside of it by relocating and using your factory spare tire winch. The chase truck style mount could have some great offerings as well.

WJCO

Meme King
When I showed the Chase Rack style pictures to my wife. She said ' I don't like it. All the rednecks back in high school had them in their truck beds.' Lol.

Top Bottom